New Amber Digby CD - Live at Swiss Alp Hall w/Dicky Overbey

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Randy Lindley

New Amber Digby CD - Live at Swiss Alp Hall w/Dicky Overbey

Post by Randy Lindley »

hey guys...just wanted to let you know that Amber's newest release is now available: "Live at Swiss Alp Hall". This is a show we recorded in Nov of 2010, featuring the steel guitar work of Dicky Overbey. It has 26 tracks in all!...that's alot of bang for your buck!... ;)

Here's the link to Amber's website, where you can sample the tunes, and place your order with Heart Of Texas Records:

www.amber-digby.com/4401.html

BTW - we'll soon have a DVD of this concert available!!!...so you'll get to see Dicky playing the Sho~Bud LDG... ;)
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

thanks for posting Randy
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Love those shades!!! 8) 8) 8)

Thanks to Amber, Randy, Dicky, etc... for knowing what country music really is! :) Nashville crowd...... are you listening?????????

:)
Gregg Laiben

Post by Gregg Laiben »

Great song samples - am waiting for the upload to iTunes. Already have my tickets to hear her next month at Knucklehead's in Kansas CIty!

Any idea as to what car she was photographed in for that CD cover? Early 60's Continental perhaps??
Randy Lindley

Post by Randy Lindley »

thanks, Rick!...looking forward to seeing you again, soon!...

Gregg...that picture was taken in the back seat of our drummer's car...a 1966 Ponitac Tempest
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

Hey Randy, tell Dickie I want my guitar back.. :)
Lost Pines Studio
"I'm nuts about bolts"
Jim Cooley

Post by Jim Cooley »

Randy,

I have all of Amber's CDs, and will be ordering this one ASAP. I really appreciate y'all keeping real country music alive, and doing it so well.

By the way, Dicky's ShoBud is my favorite steel guitar tone. Didn't I read that it used to be yours? Would you mind sharing what kind of pickup he has in it?

-Jim-
Randy Lindley

Post by Randy Lindley »

Bill - it'll sure be tough trying to wrangle that LDG away from him!...he absolutely LOVES that guitar... :)

Jim - thanks, so much, for your kind words...we're just doing the music we love to perform...and havin' on helluva time doin' it!... :)...the pickup on the LDG is the original pickup...and hasn't been re-wound to my knowledge...Bill Terry may can provide more info about that...he's the gentleman that was kind enough to sell me the guitar...and I gave it to Dicky...he makes it sound MUCH better than I can!!!... ;)

Tom Wolverton

Holy Cow!

Post by Tom Wolverton »

Wow, those samples sound super. This is a *must have* CD for me. I've got all the others, but this CD, live, is killer. : )
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

Randy, that pickup is the original, but it went all tinny and microphonic a couple of years before I sold it to you, so I had Jerry Wallace rewind to original spec.. I couldn't tell a bit of difference in the 'before' and 'after' rewind tone.. Even the tap position is the same. I will say I can tell a difference in tone in the hands of Dickie vs me.. :)

I can understand why he likes it, that guitar absolutely sings up high.. That's one I should have kept, but I'm so glad it ended up where it did.

BTW, you guys sound great on the record. How did you record it? I'm guessing it wasn't off the house system?
Lost Pines Studio
"I'm nuts about bolts"
Randy Lindley

Post by Randy Lindley »

Bill...on the recording we pretty much used all the equipment, there at Swiss Alp...they have a pretty good PA...Justin Trevino brought his HD recorder and some mics...and the live recording engineer brought some mics, as well...but yeah...that was pretty much it...simple, straight ahead...and no nonsense...amber and i are really proud of the project...and feel that it's a good representation of an Amber Digby show...all the boys in the band played great!...I'm glad to hear you dig it...'preciate it, brother... :)
Jim Cooley

Post by Jim Cooley »

Randy,

I received the CD; two days' shipping from HOT Records.
The sound samples don't do it justice. It is a must-have for fans of Amber, Midnight Flyer, and real Country music. And Dicky, oh man...

-Jim-
Gregg Laiben

Post by Gregg Laiben »

Couldn't wait for iTunes - had to order it direct from the source!!
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

I just ordered the CD to round out the entire collection of Amber I already own! I do really like the sound of that Sho~Bud he plays, but I think it's Dickey's playing style more than anything. Good ol' honky-tonk music!! Keep them coming.
I had Jerry Wallace rewind the pickups on my SuperPro and Pro III as they had become microphonic, they sound like the original S~B winds!
Wayne Quinn

Ldg

Post by Wayne Quinn »

Love her shes awesome and Mr Dickey dont need a new guitar to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up he's some thing else.way to go Dickey and Amber keep up the great videos and great COUNTRY music.
John Richmond

Post by John Richmond »

Randy, I got my CD in ten days, shipping was free, and it is GREAT!!! Thank you all for keeping real country music alive (and affordable). Great pickin', great singin' Regards, John Richmond
Randy Lindley

Post by Randy Lindley »

thanks, y'all...i'm glad you're enjoying the CD...the DVD should be released real soon...i'll post the release date, as soon as i know...
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

Hey Randy, gotta say, that is also some very nice guitar work...always 'appropriate', and spot-on. I particularly liked the guitar on "Deep As Your Pocket", "Ain't Nothing Shakin'" and "If Anyone Ought To Know" (what kinda cheez-fuzz is that??? it's perfect!!!)
Lost Pines Studio
"I'm nuts about bolts"
Randy Lindley

Post by Randy Lindley »

aw, bill...that means alot coming from you, my friend... :)

the cheese is coming from the only effects pedal i use...AND it's for that ONE SONG...MXR distortion...appropriate that it's yellow... ;)
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Got my copy.....love it....

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

me too!
Steve Alcott

Post by Steve Alcott »

Mighty fine record!