New Aussie Forum member

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Alloway

New Aussie Forum member

Post by Bob Alloway »

Hello everyone, Wow! What a great treasure trove the forum is.I wish it were around when I was cutting my steel teeth.Thanks to b0b for signing me up,I'm so glad to be on board.
Cheers
Bob A
Shane Reilly

Post by Shane Reilly »

Welcome Bob,good to see another Aussie steeler fess' up :lol:
Why don't you tell the folks at home a bit about yourself,what steel you play,bands you play with/like listening to,whatever.
Cheers, Shane.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Hey Bob welcome to the forum mate, good to see you finally figured it all out :D

Looking forward to catching up at the Brissie steel show in June.
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

Welcome Bob,From Alabama.YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
Adam Moritz

Post by Adam Moritz »

how's the job market down under? I'd love to have a winter/summer home down there! provided i don't get flooded away by these crazy storms. I noticed when I looked at the immigration website that technical jobs were given preference based on established internal corporate sponsorship. In other words, you get on the fast track to being an Aussie if you fill a role in one of the companies that needs your technical expertise. And only after 3 years of a good record of productivity and no criminal record. I understand that, but what about the complete independent entrepreneur and or reclusive rancher? I guess this may be outside of the bounds of forum etiquette.

On a related note. how is the music scene down under, especially in rural areas? Here in the midwest (Usa) each small town has one or more places that include a bar, a bathroom (maybe just one) and a corner for the musicians to play. It's sometimes fun, sometimes not, but very much a part of the culture of music. In bigger "towns" you get more... but that's another story. How does it work down under? Are there a lot of players? I notice several up and coming, if not already prominent performers coming out of the Australian continent regarding "country" music. There must be a thriving scene there from the bottom up.
Jackson blackjack s10
GFI Ultra 12
Ivan Posa

Post by Ivan Posa »

Welcome to the forum Bob, see you in Brissie in June.
Tomi Graso

Post by Tomi Graso »

Hey Bob , welcome to the Forum ! Hope to see you around this year sometimes or at the next Brisbane steel convention ... Always enjoy your playing and your friendship and enthusiasm for the steel guitar.

Hope all is well !
Cheers
Tomi..........steel
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

G'day Bob
Tony
Bill Mayville

welcome

Post by Bill Mayville »

Hi bob.
You are cetainly welcome to this forum.There is so much information.Some of it ,is exactly right on.
Did you evr play a regular guitar?
Bill
Bill Mayville
06 Jackson Commemorative ,S 10
Black.For Sale . $18,000 Kidding
Michel Rose

Welcome

Post by Michel Rose »

Hi Bob,
welcome to the forum my friend , hope to see you
sometime this year and give my regards to Wazza .

Michel.
Bob Alloway

Thanks

Post by Bob Alloway »

Thanks all for the warm welcome.Shane--I'm playing a zum 9+9 and mostly freelancing and session work since I returned to shift work(mining).Paddy and Ivan--Don't get your feet wet jumping the ditch in June(you guys always give Brisbane a touch of class)Bama Charlie--A friend of mine,Clyde Bloodworth lives in Chancellor Al.He introduced me to John Hughey in St Louis(a highlight of my life)Clyde's a great player, you may know him.Adam--If you want to buy property in Queensland at the moment it's a bit hard to find any above water.Regarding music venues,yes we have the pokey little bars and clubs down here as well but a lot of stars start somewhere(I remember playing steel for Keith Urban in some of these places when he was in the junior talent quests).Tomi and Michel--You guys are two of the best.There must be something in the water in Sydney lol.Hope to see you in Tamworth if not sooner.Wazza is good,I had a beer with him last night.Bill--Yes Bill I have a '76 Tele '88 Strat '61 Gretsch.Tony--Hey Tony,where ya bin man? The last time I saw you we were feeding quarters into a laundromat in Nashville.Still got the Emmons? Thanks again Bob.
'93 Zumsteel 9x9, Fender 400, Peavey Session 400, Fender SteelKing, Goodrich,Boss, Peterson,'76 USA Tele,'88 USA Strat, '61 Gretsch Anniversary.
Jerry Eilander

Post by Jerry Eilander »

G,day to you Bob,
Cheers from Tassie.
Cheers Jerry
Linkon d-10 4x8. Fessenden sd-10.5x3. NV 112.G&L telie
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Bob, we'll throw another shrimp on the barbie for ya, and please make sure that you tie your kangaroo down (completely). We wouldn't want you to take your koala back.
Nick ONeill

Post by Nick ONeill »

Hi Bob,

Great to see you on the forum. Having seen and heard you play in Brisbane all those years ago is one of the reasons I still want to learn to play steel guitar. You, along with several of our other great Aussie and International players make me think that one day I too might get that darn thing to "cry" now and then. ( I'm sure I have made some people cry from time to time but I think they were music teachers !)

Thanks for the friendship and encouragement over the years. Am looking forward to the Brisbane festival in June. Also looking forward to seeing you and Carmel down here in Sydney some time soon. Our door is always open.

Take good care,

Nick O'Neill
Mullen SD10G2 4x5 (Black), Carter S-10 3x5, Peavey Session 400, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender MS80, Boss DD3, Goodrich and Telonics volume pedals, Alesis QuadraVerb, Fender Strats x2, Fender Nashville Power Tele, Takamine NP-15C, Boss TU-12, Peterson VS-11, Strobo-flip and strobo-clip tuners, D2Fcovers,seat,legs, amps,guitars.
Bill Stroud

Welcome

Post by Bill Stroud »

Welcome aboard from the Bar man BJS
Geoff Barnes

Post by Geoff Barnes »

G'day Bob, Greets from Sydders,
Cheers,
Geoff
Too much equipment....I think I need help.
Mike Kirkley

New to the forum

Post by Mike Kirkley »

Hi Bobby, glad you have made it onto this forum!!! How's things up in your neck of the woods? Any problems for you from the recent craziness called weather? Take care my friend.

Mike Kirkley
Wynyard, Tasmania
Jeff Spencer

Post by Jeff Spencer »

G'day Bob, welcome to the forum. Hope to catch up at a club meeting or the upcoming festival. I always love your playing!

Cheers
Jeff