Tom Brumley's Anapeg SD 11

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Tom Brumley

Post by Tom Brumley »

Tom Brumley's Anapeg Steel for sale. 1995 SD 11 (4+7) Serial# A8P-02A . Was used on ACMA Awards show 2006 in Las Vegas "Buck Tribute". Has TRB on front panel. Sale price is $10,000.00

Last edited by Tom Brumley on 17 Jan 2011 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rolene Brumley
Tom Brumley

Post by Tom Brumley »

If anyone interested you can email me at brumshow@msn.com.
Rolene Brumley
Tom Brumley

Post by Tom Brumley »

Last edited by Tom Brumley on 17 Jan 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rolene Brumley
Tom Brumley

Tom with Anapeg

Post by Tom Brumley »

Last edited by Tom Brumley on 17 Jan 2011 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rolene Brumley
Geoff Cline

Post by Geoff Cline »

That could be the most beautiful pedal steel ever made!

Best to you Rolene.

Geoff
Tom Brumley

Post by Tom Brumley »

Yes, it is, Geoff. Tom would want someone playing this masterpiece, but it's still like selling a part of him.
Rolene Brumley
Tom Brumley

Post by Tom Brumley »

Rolene Brumley
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

For those of you that aren't familiar...this guitar is completely custom in every way. The designer goes out and finds "the tree"...cuts it down, cures the wood, manufactures the entire guitar himself....An incredible opportunity to own a true work of art...I would say made in the USA!>..lol...But she's an Aussie!.
Best of all, our friend and hero Tom Brumley owned it...!!!
Ive played Jimmy Palenscars Anapeg...Its an incredible machine...Tell'em Jimmy...!!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Geoff Cline

Re: Tom with Anapeg

Post by Geoff Cline »

Tom Brumley wrote:Image
GREAT photo Rolene! Chris told me he had such a great time on that gig. That is quite a line up on that stage. THANKS for sharing.

(FYI, Left to right Chris Hillman (bass), Travis Barker (drums), Dwight Yoakum (acoustic guitar), Brad Paisley (elec. guitar), Tom Brumley (pedal steel), Billy Gibbons (elec. guitar))
tom anderson

Post by tom anderson »

I saw Chris Hillman a year or so ago and he and Herb Pederson were talking about Buck's passing and they also talked about losing Tom Brumley. Chris said "all the good ones go early". I think Tom Brumley's album with the Desert Rose Band had wonderful pedal steel and was more "country" sounding than the albums with Jay Dee. I think his contributions with the DRB are under-appreciated. Thank God for Tom Brumley and Noel Anstead.
Dale Dorsey

Post by Dale Dorsey »

Mickey couldn't be more right. Gigi wood and every centimeter is custom built. This was the only guitar Tom played for several reasons and several years before he left us. Probably as important to Tom as the tonal quality was the sheer comfort of playing this compared to anything else. I reveal the info because Tom said it to me. I was lucky enough to sit behind it in his basement once and felt the incredible machining that went into this. It's butter fella's and of course, the historical content is beyond measurement.
Sho Pro SD10 and Nashville 400 & 112
Mike Kirkley

Tom's Annapeg

Post by Mike Kirkley »

Friends,
I can't say anything about this specific guitar, but I do feel somewhat qualified to say something on the Anapeg line in general. Long story short, they are, IMHO, indeed the "Rolls Royce of pedal steel guitars". I have had the honour of meeting the designer and maker of this outstanding line of instruments, Mister Noel Anstead, and please believe me friends, you won't find a nicer man than Noel, and when when it comes right down to quality, you won't find a better-built or better designed guitar than an Anapeg. Mrs Brumley, you have my thoughts and prayers, and I hope this beautiful guitar goes to another good home...if I could afford it, it would definitely come to mine! God Bless You.
Mike Kirkley
Wynyard, Tasmania
Australia
SveinungL

Post by SveinungL »

Somebody should sell all of their other gear to get this one! I would have it if I hadn't already owned an Anapeg.

This IS the one instrument you'll ever need! My Anapeg from 2001 has only had new strings now and then and a few drops of oil since new. No big adjustments ever needed - these instruments are THE BEST!

BUMP!
Thanks Sveinung Lilleheier
----------------
My web page
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

There are lots of wonderfully built pedal steel guitars out there- really fantastic guitars- but there is only one Anapeg- and once you play one- you will know.
Bill Bailey

Tom's up

Post by Bill Bailey »

Cant let this Brumley guitar get too far out of site.
Up Up and a, you thought I was gonna say away didn't you? Ok Away!
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
Dale Dorsey

Post by Dale Dorsey »

I'll let Rolene confirm this, but I believe this guitar found a new home in Kansas City! However, I also know there are some other outstanding ZB's available as well as some incredible amps. If interested, you might send Rolene a message...via Tom's email.
tom anderson

Post by tom anderson »

I'm glad we now have a second Anapeg in Kansas City. Hopefully Gregg will bring it to our next jam. I sat behind it last weekend and it is a beautiful, beautiful instrument. Here is a u-tube link to the Buck Owens tribute with Tom playing this Anapeg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt9zVHGGz-o
Gregg Laiben

Post by Gregg Laiben »

Jim Palenscar wrote:once you play one- you will know.
I now know. ;-)
Dale Dorsey

Post by Dale Dorsey »

Congratulations on owning this one. Play it well!