Charlie Louvin Passed away.........

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

The Louvin Brothers, Charlie and Ira singing "When I Stop Dreaming" was my favorite. Rest in Peace Charlie.
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

"I'm gonna tie one on tonight" always makes me smile...
Lawyers are done: Emmons SD-10, 3 Dekleys including a D10, NV400, and lots of effects units to cover my clams...
Ricky Hagan

Post by Ricky Hagan »

I knowed Charlie well. My dad took Ira's place when they broke up.My sister also played with him in the 80's.Charlie was always a kind man.My dad call him about 2 months ago and they had a long conversation.There is a tribute for Charlie tonight on WSM radio.Eddie Stubbs called dad last friday and talked with him about his time with Charlie.Here's a link you can check out about Charlie. They misspelled the last name.
http://raizorsedge.blogspot.com/2009/06 ... rmony.html
Bill Howard

Thank You

Post by Bill Howard »

Rick anyone that ever met charlie knows how big his heart was he was the real deal,he was a true entertainer to the very end.he sang see the big man cry on Mart Stuart show i think in C chord the very same chord on the recording many years ago,Charlie would never do any Louvin songs in another chord or at least I know he was against it,I told him I can hit I dont believe you met my baby in C Charlie said Bill a lot of guys can hit it in C,"that takes the fire out of that song". he Loved his big brother a lot it saddens me to see the derogatory remarks about IRA and his drinking which is what ended up breaking them up,I heard many stories about charlie having to bail him out in little towns because of back support:)...But good or bad IRA was one of a kind singer!, best tenor I think I ever heard:).
RIP Charlie we miss you!!:)
Ricky Hagan wrote:I knowed Charlie well. My dad

\\took Ira's place when they broke up.My sister also played with him in the 80's.Charlie was always a kind man.My dad call him about 2 months ago and they had a long conversation.There is a tribute for Charlie tonight on WSM radio.Eddie Stubbs called dad last friday and talked with him about his time with Charlie.Here's a link you can check out about Charlie. They misspelled the last name.
http://raizorsedge.blogspot.com/2009/06 ... rmony.html