Its Here!!!! My new Justice Steel

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Vincent Serice

Its Here!!!! My new Justice Steel

Post by Vincent Serice »

Just got my new Justice SD10. What a beautiful Guitar. I decided after all these years to try a SD10 and called Fred when I saw this guitar on his web sight and ordered it. It came very quickly for the holidays and in perfect shape. I didnt change one setting on my amp and hooked er up. Suprise, Suprise, Suprise. You ever just sit on a steel and know immediatly that it fits you to a tee and sounds great without touching a knob. I never believed that a single would have the sound or play like a double neck but was I wrong. I fell in love with this guitar in one night of playing it. It feels like an old shoe already and with the split case that it came with(the bigger case has rollers and handle on the other end.YAY) my old back loves it too. The tone on this guitar is great. The sustain is way better than my old steel which I always thought was great and the chimes just tinkle and its very easy to chime. It has a growl to it that I love. The knee levers and pedals are like butter The workmanship is as good as it gets. I have to post pictures of it to show it off. My camera is cheap and Im no photographer so my apologies to Fred if it doesnt look good on the forum. There are a couple of pictures that look like the guitar is scratched or something but it must be some reflection or something. I assure you it is highly polished and has no scratches so i dont know why it looks that way. Thanks Fred for such a great steel. There's a few guitars in stock including a new double neck on his site. Check it out if your in the mood for a new one. Vincent Serice :D :D :D :D
Tim Heidner

Post by Tim Heidner »

That looks real nice. :)

this is probably a dumb n00b question, but why do the bell cranks have double rows of rod holes?
Ron Davis
Location: Lake Arrowhead, California... We're a mile high. ;)

Post by Ron Davis »

Very nice...!
:)
Emmons 12 p/p, Revelation, Black Widows, (& way too many assorted goodies...)
Drummer with a pedal steel fantasy. ;)

www.LA-Zep.com
www.Desperado1.com
www.CMWChicagoTribute.com
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Vincent, that is one nice looking steel. I love the undercarriage. Fred builds them nice and solid!

Tim, the double rows of holes....those are all offset a wee bit to each other, thereby giving you that many more adjustment possibilities.
Tim Heidner

Post by Tim Heidner »

Thanks, Bent. Fred messaged me and told me that, too. I didn't look at it close enough...
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

Vincent, I watched Fred give birth to that "beauty"
you gonna love it more every day.
Ray
Steeling is still legal in Arizona
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

SWEET!!! :) :) :)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Is it possible to get a closer look at the 1/2 stop? It looks pretty cool. ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Jeff Spencer

Post by Jeff Spencer »

Note to self! "Thou shalt not covert another man's guitar"
Not sure how you guys choose a guitar over there with so many superb choices, now another to put on my wish list :cry:
Nice Vincent
Jeff
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hi Stu, the 2nd string 1/2 tone lower works off the 9th string with split tuning.
The 6th string 1/2 and whole tone lower works with the B pedal and split tuning as well.
Stu, email me your phone # and I can call you for a better explanation if you like, thanks for asking buddy.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Vincent Serice

Many thanks for the looks I got.

Post by Vincent Serice »

Thanks everyone for looking at my new guitar and posting.Ray if I lived by Fred and you I'd go watch every day and see the newborns. Brent, thanks for answering Tims question about the holes in the bellcranks. Jeff, I hope everythings good down under and thanks for looking.
Stu, I took some more pictures. I hope I got what your asking to see. Fred, Thanks a million for answering Stu as I have no idea. Thats the kind of man Fred is and he'll take care of his guitar service the same way. Stu, in the picture with my finger pushing rr knee lever, you can see string 2 lowered to a 1/2 stop feel.It has a very positive stop feel to it.
Image How these guys do this is beyond me but it works well

Thanks again to all. Vincent Serice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Fred,got it!I will see it in person very soon looking forward to seeing you and trying your masterpiece.
;-)
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:D Saweeeet!!! Fred ,I was wonderin where that one was goin when u sent me the pics of the build, #22 I believe....beautiful work buddy....Stormy :D
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

Vincent.it's not that hard to move out here.I gurantee it too be alot drier.I'm from east Texas so I know about wet.Enjoy your Justice Judge.
Ray
Steeling is still legal in Arizona
David Mason

Post by David Mason »

Those double holes are a great idea, one of those "why didn't somebody think of this?" moments.
Steven Dingle

Post by Steven Dingle »

It's a beaut!! I've had mine a year, now and it just gets better and better! Welcome to the growing and proud memebers of the fans of this guitar. PS....looks like Joe built the seat with the same mica....love it!!
Vincent Serice

Reguarding Seat

Post by Vincent Serice »

Actually Steven, I bought the seat in 1995 from a Mullen dealer in Colorado that Del Mullen told me about that had steels in stock of which I ordered one that was the same color, Burl Blue, that I still own. Thanks for the post Vincent :mrgreen:
Steven Dingle

Post by Steven Dingle »

my bad!! Guess I was too busy looking at the beautiful guitar!!
Cartwright Thompson

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

David Mason wrote:Those double holes are a great idea, one of those "why didn't somebody think of this?" moments.
...actually, Emmons has had similar bell cranks for about 20 years.
Billy Carr
Restricted

Justice guitar

Post by Billy Carr »

Fred's guitars are some of best built I've ever looked at. 100% professional grade. No shortcuts. This one is very nice. Great job, Fred!
Randy Gilliam

Its a Beauty!

Post by Randy Gilliam »

Fred Sure builds a Beautiful Steel, Enjoy Vincent!Also a Great man to Do Buisness With, Randy G. :D
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Billy and Randy, thank you sincerely for your nice comments on Vincent's new guitar.
He's one proud feller.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

Congrats. Vincent! that is a beauty, :D I own two of the great Justice Steel's,one SD-10 & a D-10 & I love them BOTH. both of them play & sound great, it just get's better & better.your picking friend, Jerry F. :D