Northwest Georgia Steel Guitar Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jerry Braswell

Northwest Georgia Steel Guitar Show

Post by Jerry Braswell »

This is just to let everyone know we are going to have a steel show on the second Sunday in February 2011. We didn't know if it was going to be possible but we have worked everything out to have it. We are working to get everything put together and will let everybody know the guest at a later date. We are so thankful for the help we have received in the past years. We have always had great participation and hope it continues. Stay tuned for the line-up of players, you know it will be good. It always has.
Herby Wallace

Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

Dear Jerry,

I was hoping to do your show again as I have never missed one, but I already have a show booked that same weekend in Auburndale, FL. For some reason, I was thinking your show was the first Sunday in February.

Herby Wallace
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

I really hope folks will continue to support this great show. I've so greatly enjoying playing and listening to the great talent showcased at the shows, as well as catching up with old friends I see rarely anywhere else.
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

We are still working on this show and hopefully we will have some names to give you soon. I know you will not be disappointed. I don't want to start listing names until I have them confirmed. The Atlanta area has great players and a lot of them will be playing, but we want to give you a special treat maybe two. Stay tuned.

Jerry
Steve Cunningham

Post by Steve Cunningham »

Jerry, do you ever have any lap/non-pedal steelers in the line-up? Either way, the shows I've attended have always been great.
Frank Speights

Post by Frank Speights »

February will be here soon, so this show needs a bump
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Hello to all,
I guess you all thought we had given up on the show, well we haven't. After a lot of work we have finally put together a good show. The committee has worked hard putting this show together. We are still waiting on a couple other players to confirm but I can tell you a few that have confirmed.
Starting with my Friend Russ Hicks, Larry stewart, Austin Tripp, Tim Hamilton, Tommy Dodd, Bill Ferguson, Bill Cunningham and Jeremy Drawbaugh. These are player we know will be there. We will add a few more. We are just waiting on the confirmation. As always we will have a great time with great music. Once again we have a fine staff band that will do their best to provide some good support. I know there is going to be a couple suprise guest but you will have to come to see who it is.
The Shriners Hospitals spend over a million dollars a day helping kids, so this is the least we can do to help raise money to support our 22 hospitals. Make plans to be with us on February 13, 2011 and help the kids.
As the time draws near I will keep you posted. I appreciate all the help guys. I pray you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Steve,
We have had a couple over the years but not any recently. This is not done on purpose it has just worked out that way. Hopefully we can add that on some future shows.
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Who cares about the music? What I need to confirm is that Gloria is doing soup and cornbread? :lol: :lol:
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Well, like Herby, I too am booked on the show in Fla. I hate it works out like this, Jerry is a long time friend and the work he does for the Shriners is admirable. I am always honored to be asked and to do my small part. Sure wish I could figure out how to be in two places at one time.

See ya next time,
Jim
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

So far looks like Ruth and I will be there, Jerry.

Will be looking for a place to park the Airstream trailer maybe for a few days.

Any suggestionson nearby campgrounds appreciated!
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Hey Folks
I am proud to report that Doug Jerrnigan has excepted our invitation. This is great. We still have a couple more to confirm. But how could it get any better than the line up we already have. Stay tuned.
Tom Keller

Post by Tom Keller »

I for one would love to see Steve Cunningham playing some lap steel and would drive 4 hours to see it. It certainly would shake up the same old same old, not that the same old same old is a bad thing.
Wayne F. Smith

Steel show

Post by Wayne F. Smith »

I am looking forward to pickin' with Donna Robinson on drums. Y'all will enjoy her. The steel players will be great also.

Wayne
Sam White

Directions

Post by Sam White »

Can you post some directions and where it is going to be held.Also can you give information on Motels and restaurants.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Dave Little

Post by Dave Little »

If it's at the same place as usual, it will be at the Shriner's Temple in downtown Atlanta
Directions
(Someone please correct me if this is wrong).
There are a lot of hotels close by to choose from.
Dave Little
Frank Speights

Post by Frank Speights »

This is for Bill Cunningham: Make sure you bring an extra $5.00. I will be bringing a rod, reel and tackle bag to raffle off.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

If Bill buys a ticket, he'll win it for sure. He's luckier than a, well you know. Looking forward to another great show!
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Frank, maybe I should just make a donation and leave my name out of the drawing. I've won that fishing gear so many times it's starting to look suspcious :) On second thought, you can't have too many rods, guns, and git'tars..........

See ya'll then. I am looking forward to it!
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Frank Speights

Post by Frank Speights »

Bill, maybe we can get someone to check things out before we do the drawing. Your right you can never have too many fishing poles, guns or gitars.
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

Hey guys, i look forward to playing the show this year. Thought i was gonna have to play when i showed up last year. planning to bring some guest with that will be their first time to attend, if everything works out. What a treat to have Doug Jernigan this year. Guess i wont be playing Bonnie Marie this time. :D
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Jeremy, I'm going to lay off of Orange Blossom Special since Doug will be there! Yeah, like I could play it anyway. Looking forward to a large time, as my friend Russ would say.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Roger, if you would move this show a few hundred miles northwest, we might make it. Actually, we're going to see Ray Price that week-end. Hope you have a great time. Larry
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Larry, I saw that Ray was going to be up in your area. I got to hear Ray live at the ISGC one year. The only singer/steel player combination that ever got close to Ray Price and Buddy Emmons was Vince Gill and John Hughey. Just my opinion, mind you! Any way, we WILL have a great time. Just wish you guys could be here.
Steve Geis

Post by Steve Geis »

Bump to the top (BTTT)!
Jerry & his staff do it up right !
Don't miss it !