Cartersville, Ga. B/D Bash "Pix added"

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jerry Hayes

Cartersville, Ga. B/D Bash "Pix added"

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Charlie Rogers. Tonight at the Cartersville American Legion we'll be holding the 70th birthday bash for Charlie Rogers. Some of you old Nashvillians know ol' Charlie pretty well. Tee Meroney, Steve Sipe and me drove down from Virginia to do the music and we'll be having a local bass player with us.

Also appearing with us tonight will be Leona Williams, Roni Stoneman, and Bobby G. Rice. It oughta be a blast. We had a get together last night and Roni kept us in stitches with some of her "true" stories of life in Nashville and on the road!

If you're in the Cartersville area, the bash starts at 8:00 PM tonight. I'll be posting some pictures when I get back to Virginia next week. My wife and I will be stopping by Nashville on the way back to try to catch the Timejumpers on Monday night and the Opry on Tuesday.......JH in Va
Last edited by Jerry Hayes on 22 Dec 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Had a packed house Saturday night and I had a wonderful time. I'd never worked with Leona Williams before but she's one helluva country singer and the crowd loved her. I liked the way she changed "Merle's" tune to "Workin' Girl Blues" and had me play guitar on that one. Bobby G. Rice also did a nice set and did "Together Again" to feature the steel player but unfortunately, I blew it! Roni Stoneman did a comedy set with only her banjo and was a hit..........Here are some shots....JH in Va.
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!
Pat Coyne

Post by Pat Coyne »

thanks for the pictures jerry! Leona will be at the house tonight and spending Christmas with us, we are pretty excited to have "mamaw" and all our family together for Christmas. I will make sure she gets to see these. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
"basso profundo"