New O.S.G.A. ( Ohio ) Jam Schedule ( Revised ) 2011

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Gary Preston

New O.S.G.A. ( Ohio ) Jam Schedule ( Revised ) 2011

Post by Gary Preston »

I now have the new revised '' JAM '' schedule for the year 2011 . This one should be the last revision .
As always we serve food and soft drinks . We have a smoke and alcohol free venue for the whole family . Everyone is welcome members or not . Please come out and support your steel guitar club . Info. is as follows :

Place : Lighthouse Ministries ( Annex At Rear )
2295 South High Street
Columbus , Ohio 43207

Time : 12:00 to 6:00 pm.

March 12 th .
April 23 rd .
June 25 th .
Aug . 27 th .
Oct . 22 nd .
Dec. 3 rd .

Hope to see you there . Everyone have a safe and happy holiday season . G.P.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! See ya' in March. :D :D :D :D :D
Gary Preston

Yeeeehah

Post by Gary Preston »

:D Kenny i think we all enjoyed ourselves at the dinner Friday evening . We seem to always have a fun time when we all get together for food and laugh with one and another .
Dick Sexton

Merry Christmas!

Post by Dick Sexton »

To all the OSGA Jammers, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you mext March!
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Food and laughter is good medicene for the soul. :D :D :D :D :D Merry Christmas to you and your family Dick. :D
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:D Hi Dick and Kenny . It will be a little while before the next jam . We will have to get together for more dinner outings in between . Well i have two months to go before i retire from work and i'm looking forward to that . 8) Now i hope to have more time to dedicate to learning my new resonator guitar ;-) I know i will have a huge '' Honey Dew ''list to take care of ! I hope this doesn't become a full time job for me ! Be blest the coming year . G.P.
Dick Sexton

Re-Tired

Post by Dick Sexton »

Gary,
I'm so sorry to hear of your pending retirement. :wink:

Since I retired, I've never worked so hard. It seems as though every thing I look at now, needs fixin, needs paint or need polishing. And the wife always needs my attention as I now am there close by to listen.

The good part is, you have the time to help others with what ever they need. That's a good thing!

I do find myself tempted to go back to work as these little opportunities pop up, things that I never had time to recognize before.

Congratulations on your up coming retirement, no doubt in my mind it is well earned. You can now get those precious steel playing hands out of harms way.

Bless you brother...

Did Kenny say something about eating?
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

I had a feast the last couple days. :D I think I'm ready to retire now. :D :D :D :D :D
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Dick did you ask about Kenny eating ? You gotta be kidding me right ? I love to have him over to chat and eat ,we always enjoy the visit . He is a great friend to say the least . I don't know who eats the most him or Larry Cole :lol: Kenny and i have been buds for over thirty years . We have had a lot of fun together . At one time our familys went to the same Church . We would switch off from playing steel or bass guitar .
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Dick when i retire in Feb ,2011 i will have 44 years and 7 months with the company . I am looking forward to getting my hands up to speed with my steel playing . I have used my hands in heavy lifting and abuse for a long time and hopefully they will get soft enough to do studio work . I hope to have time to dedicate to my steel and dobro . Two weeks ago i had a steroid shot in my shoulder and one in my hand . The shot in the shoulder wasn't bad but the hand was like hitting it with a hammer ! The shots sure do make a difference . G.P.
Dick Sexton

Happy New Years....

Post by Dick Sexton »

Just found this fellow in the "Wanted" section... Hope he comes by for the next jam. He's looking for an instructor.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=197863
Robert Blair

Obit for former steel player

Post by Robert Blair »

Ron Brewer newark ohio
Loy Ronald Brewer
Feb. 08, 1936 - Jan. 07, 2011
Visitations: Tuesday Jan. 11, 2011 Details
Details
Details

Funeral Service: Wednesday Jan. 12, 2011 Details

Cemetery Service: Tuesday Jan. 11, 2011 Details

View Memorial Guestbook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loy Ronald Brewer

February 8, 1936 – January 7, 2011

A funeral service for Loy Ronald Brewer, 74, of Newark, will be held at 1:00 p.m. Wednesday at Brucker & Kishler Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Bladensburg Cemetery with military honors by the Licking County Veterans Alliance.

Mr. Brewer, a retired industrial engineer after 26 years at the Newark Air Force Base, passed away January 7, 2011 at his home. He was born February 8, 1936 in Wapakoneta, Ohio, the son of the late Loy Junior and Bertha (Morris) Brewer. He served in the U. S. Army. He pursued his passion of music as he played the guitar over much of central Ohio.

Mr. Brewer is survived by: two sons – Richard Brewer and Chet Brewer of Newark, a daughter Shiloh Hofer of Newark; two brothers – Dennis (Thuy) Brewer of Arlington, VA, and Russell (Jackie) Brewer of Indianapolis, IN; ten grandchildren and one great-grandchild.

He was preceded in death by his parents and a son John Brewer.

Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.

As all obituaries are archived, please visit www.brucker-kishlerfuneralhome.com and click obituaries to sign an online guestbook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memorial Messages from Friends and Family
Add Memorial Guestbook Entry
January 12, 2011 - On behalf of the high school class of 1954, we extend our sincere sympathy to the family and friends on the loss of Ronnie.
Ronnie was my internet contact on the loss of other classmates and I'll miss his expertise. Elizabeth 'Liz' (Headapohl) Miller- Elizabeth 'Liz' (Headapohl) Miller of Tipp City, OH 45371January 12, 2011 - To the Brewer family:

Very sorry for your loss. From an old Army friend, Tim Casey
- Timothy F. Casey of Pepperell, MA

New Memorial Message Submission Form
Fields marked with ** are required.

Enter your name**:
Enter your email:
Enter your city:
and State/Province:

Enter your memorial message**:
We strongly discourage you from using copy and paste from MS Word into this form element as you will very likely not get what you expected when displayed. Type in (or paste plain text) and format your message using the controls provided on the editor toolbar for best results. Some browsers are known to insert erroneous characters when the Enter key is pressed. We are working to address this issue.

Format

Path:

← Please retype this pass phrase in the space on the right.* →

First Visitation
Tuesday Jan. 11, 2011, 6:00PM - 8:00PM
Brucker & Kishler Funeral Home
985 North Twenty First Street
Newark, Ohio 43055

Funeral Service
Wednesday Jan. 12, 2011, 1:00PM
Brucker & Kishler Funeral Home
985 North Twenty First Street
Newark, Ohio 43055

Cemetery Service
Tuesday Jan. 11, 2011, 2:00PM
Bladensburg Cemetery
Bladensburg, OH
Section: , Plot:
Bob Blair
Columbus, Ohio
USA
1971 Clark D10, 8 Floor, 4 Knee Levers and a Press Peavey Nahville 1000, Hilton Volume Pedal
4 Space Rack with DigitechS-200,Korg DTR-2 Tuner, Furman PL-8,
Samson S-PHONE Headphone Amp