ebay stringmaster big $$$$$$

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Will Houston

ebay stringmaster big $$$$$$

Post by Will Houston »

with just over an hour to go its up to 1235.00.it seems to be a beauty 54-55 light finish. a couple months ago there was a dark finish one on there another primo one that went for 750.00. thats where i quit bidding.i guess i'll just be happy with my dual pro.While i got a post here let me ask if anybody else is having problems with the forum or is my computer?,seems to be very slow and not all the messages are coming up
Dr. Ike

Post by Dr. Ike »

That long-scale Stringmaster appeared to be in excellent shape. I tried to bid on it myself. The final bid topped $1400.00. Whew!
I guess I just continue my search.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

$1400.00 is an extremely high price.I bought that dark finish double neck Stringmaster and it sure seems like a bargain after seeing what this last one went for.

------------------
Mark Davis

Post by Mark Davis »

That Stringmaster was in the Black Tolex case so it was probably from the late 60's or early 70's. You also have to realize the high bidder has a zero feedback at ebay so the seller might not ever get that much money for it. It was a clean one but compared to the one I just sold a 1957 D-8 stringmaster I'd be willing to bet it doesnt sound as good as the older ones.

I thought as soon as it turned to the year 2000 all prices on vintage stuff would go up quite a bit guess I was right??

John Tipka

Post by John Tipka »

If you think the price paid for the D-8 Fender Stringmaster was obscene, how about $5200 for a 1958 Fender Telecaster? This guitar sold new for $189.50.
http://www.elderly.com/vintage/30U.htm Item# 30U-7807

John
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

The situation is called GFAO... Go Find Another One.

The truth of the matter is that it is a lot easier nowadays to find $5200 than it is to find a clean 1958 Telecaster. So if you want one of these babies... Image

The asking/selling price of an instrument reflects not only on the scarcity/availability of the instrument, but also on the value of money and the ease of acquisition of the money by the purchaser.

------------------
members.aol.com/herbs10178/index.html

Tele

Post by Tele »

the thing I found out at ebay is that high bidders with zero feedbacks are often the sellers trying to push the bids up !! You could easily find out when you look at the dates when the items were posted and the "new members" signed to ebay..... (:<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tele on 19 January 2000 at 12:13 PM.]</p></FONT>
Will Houston

Post by Will Houston »

hey howard,did that one you got turn out to be as good as it looked? i was biddin on that one too.yours might be the last "cheap" one. Will
Mike Black

Post by Mike Black »

zzzzz
Last edited by Mike Black on 12 May 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will Houston

Post by Will Houston »

mike it was a double.ya it depends on how bad somebody wants something.i thought i overpaid for a dual pro a few months back, but i wanted it so i paid.but if this is how prices are going to go, maybe i didn't pay so much now. Will
Mike Black

Post by Mike Black »

zzzzz
Last edited by Mike Black on 12 May 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Will,I know that it's a gamble when you are not seeing something in person Fortunately this double Stringmaster is in very good plus to excellent condition.It was refinished in a light burgundy color and everything else is original.It has "that" Stringmaster sound and I'm happy with this purchase.The picture and description was acccurate.

------------------