REVERENCE AND REVERB- Contemplative music for Lap Steel

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Kevin Macneil Brown

REVERENCE AND REVERB- Contemplative music for Lap Steel

Post by Kevin Macneil Brown »

Not traditional steel, this collection brings together my 2010 compositions inspired by connections to the landscape--shorelines, mountains, sky--of northern New England. I present it here in the spirit of quiet contemplation. You can listen as much as you'd like for free, or download for 7 bucks.

http://kevinmacneilbrown.bandcamp.com/a ... and-reverb
Karlis Abolins

Post by Karlis Abolins »

Kevin,

I am listening to Cloud Morning Journal as I type this. I think that this represents a musical advancement on your part. I enjoyed your previous music but this is just great. Atmospheric music is one of my favorite forms of relaxation. I think I will probably buy the Digital Album after I listen to the whole thing.

Karlis
Kevin Macneil Brown

Karlis--Thank you!
I appreciate your comments. I do feel that some of these pieces brought me a bit closer to something I've been feeling towards for a while.
I'm quite honored by --and grateful for-- your generous listening.
Susan Alcorn

Post by Susan Alcorn »

Such depth - and physicality! The sonic landscapes you paint - so palpable I can almost touch them (and I want to) even though they remain ever so slightly out of reach. Stillness, but motion as well. Physical presence, mass, melody, and spoken word. Thanks, Kevin, for such a beautiful work.
Daniel Morris

Post by Daniel Morris »

Now, IN FATHOMS I like!
I must admit that much of what I've heard is a tad too new-agey for my taste (sorry). Tension-and-release, that's what works for me! Thanks for that one.
Any CD/CD-R available (I'm old school, y'know...)?
Kevin Macneil Brown

Susan-- Thanks for your comments. Perhaps steel guitar, with its unique potential for complexities of intonation, and the especial way tones can resonate and bloom, helps to build the physicality that I'm so glad you experienced in listening!

Daniel-- Thanks for listening and giving feedback- Glad you liked "in fathoms"; that piece is much more tweaked and treated than the others on the collection, processed heavily in analog and digital domains (I call it sound-smear.) I'm with you on the "old school" thing-- I do have CD-R's of the collection for sale. I can send you an e-mail with details if you'd like.