Sho-Bud Pro 1, 3+4, SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bill Moore

Sho-Bud Pro 1, 3+4, SOLD

Post by Bill Moore »

This is a late model Pro 1, early eighties. When I got it, there were two knee levers, I added two more and replaced the two originals. I made most of the parts for the knee levers. It's a brown finish, the pictures make it look kind of red, but it is a shade of brown. The guitar is in really nice condition, there are a few small dents and nicks, but, overall, the finish looks very nice. The wood grain has a very pretty pattern to it. The aluminum parts look good, pretty shiny and clean. It sounds very good and plays well too. It looks like it has less playing time on it than a lot of guitars this age. The case is in nice condition too. Two of the legs have the threaded plugs neatly welded to the tubing. See the pictures.

It has the standard Emmons set-up. RKL raises 1 and 2, and lowers 6. RKR lowers 2 and 9.

I had planed to add two more pedals and I have most of the parts needed to do that. I will sell these parts separately. If the buyer of the guitar wants them, he will have first choice.

The price is 1400 for the guitar, the extra parts, would be 100. Plus shipping. I prefer not to use Paypal, a money order of check is fine. A personal check will have to clear before shipping.

Last edited by Bill Moore on 27 Nov 2010 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

VERY nice guitar..mine is from the early 80's too...love it.... :D
Tommy Wallace

Post by Tommy Wallace »

Hey Bill, Email sent ...thanks
Paulo Perin

Post by Paulo Perin »

Hello Bill. I liked that guitar. I sent you a pm.
MSA Millennium D-10; Carter Pro D-10; Fender S-10 3,4; Telonics FP-100 Multi-Taper volume pedal; Peavey Nashville 112; Mesa boogie Studio Preamp; Hilton Digital Sustain
Gregg Laiben

Post by Gregg Laiben »

Beautiful guitar! Does RKR have a whole and a half stop to lower 2?

Thanks...g
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Thanks, RLR lowers 2 a whole step, but I didn't get around to installing a half stop. Using the 9th string lower on the same lever, there is some adjustment. I was planning to keep this guitar for a while but I will be getting a new Rittenberry next week and really need to "thin the herd".
Donald Goulet

Post by Donald Goulet »

Hello Mr Bill(and every body!
This is my very first posting :eek:
This is the msg i wanted to post this morning:Hello there!
I'm a french speaking near Montréal Québec Canada person!
I've bought my life time dream instrument(I'm 51,sleepwalk craddle song)recently ...
It's a very worn Sho-bud.It has 3 pédals and 2 knees lever on and 2 pédals and 2 levers in the case
I'm try'in to access infos on it's spécific model she is a THE PRO 1 ....i've seen a lot of PRO 1,11.AND 111
But none of them was a SD-10 THE PRO 1...
So my question would be about it's original copedent specks (3 pedals 4levers?)and year production?
I'm very very new to pedals steel guitar and i would like to work with a E9th 3pedals and 4 knee levers copedent
but after a lot of surch on the net...I didi'nt find any under carridge pictures or infos about HOW i could add it's 2 lkr and rkr levers..I do have some parts with 'in it's case cross side shafts screws plates,springs .a smaller finger rod aswell as a longer one too But i'm in the need of infos for to work this out!
So yours is the firt one i see
Did you take pictures of it before you made the adaptations?

Being so any infos would be greatly apéçiated,Gratitude,Don
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Donald, the best way is to find someone in your area that that has experience with pedal steels. But if the guitar is playable now, and you are set up to raise and lower the 4th and 8th strings, I would just leave it alone for a while. Get used to what you have. The other work can be done later. Good luck with it.
Donald Goulet

Post by Donald Goulet »

Hello Again Bill!
you've allready help alot by posting your the pro1
And i've learn essentials infos,greatfully,Don! :D
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

I had a gig last night and took the Sho-Bud. Here is a picture of it on the stage. Looks and sounds excellent

Gregg Laiben

Post by Gregg Laiben »

Bill, email sent. ...gregg
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

The Sho-Bud is sold, Thanks everyone.