Yuma Jam

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Hap Young

Yuma Jam

Post by Hap Young »

We had our first Yuma Jam yesterday. It was in the planning stages for a week and we had 10 steels set up and playing,with 4 other pickers present that didnt have thier guitars with them.. Big Jim Baron brought his band in a box with him and suplied the rythum tracts. We all started around 8:30 and Gave up in exhaustiom around 6:00. Some of us Played most of the day on Friday at a friends house, so we were about picked out. All of us had a great time and vowed to do it again. Wish you all were there.
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Hap...
Sounds like a great time, and I am sorry I couldn't be there. But I hope to make the next one!! Thanks for keeping the steel alive and well in YUMA!!

Billy
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Hap, I had a great time at the Yuma jam.I didn't realize there were so many good steel players in Yuma. Peggy and I would like to thank you and all the crew for the invite and the wonderful food that was prepared for the jam. We was so glad that Bud and Gerry was there and we all had a chance to visit with them.
I was so impressed with Jonathan. He just gets better every time I hear him play. His rendition of OBS was outstanding.
Hope we can do this again in the near future. Next time we will bring Billy along.

Troy & Peggy
Randy Candler

Post by Randy Candler »

what a great jam! thanks Hap for getting the place to have the jam. and thank you Dale Barfell and wife, Maxine for cooking lunch.
It seems steel players play better on a full stomach. Thanks Big Jim,Frank Carter, and Troy Porter for making the trip,I know Jonathan had a good time....
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hap, Troy told me about it before he left to go down there, and thanks for the invite you sent through him my friend but I had to work all weekend, maybe the next one, sounds like you all had a lot of fun.

------------------
Fred Justice,
Fred's Music www.fredjusticemusic.com
Rains Steel Guitars

Hap Young

Post by Hap Young »

Billy. We missed having you there. We had some C6th but we could have used some more.Dave Menafee suplied us with some nice C 6th in your place.
Fred, You were surely missed.Ill bet we had more fun than you did, unless you sold a few of them Rains guitars. Hopefully we can have another one soon, and you will be there. I would also to thank Merrille Fitch for puting on the before the jam,jam that we had at his house, the night before. We had 6 steels set up there and he invited around 30 guest to his house. Him and his wife Vange had there hands and house full. And besides that he fed everyone too. I know you would have liked that Fred. I did.
Jon Knudtson

Post by Jon Knudtson »

As a wet behind the ears beginner, I wanted to thank Hap and everyone else involved for a great jam. A lot of work went into this event and it was appreciated. Everyone went out of their way to make me feel like part of the family. Now I just have to practice like crazy.

Steelers Rock!

Thanks again

Jon
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hap STOP! your kiliing me with the food and fun ( hee hee)
Honestly, we played all weekend at the Earnhardt RV annual celabration in Mesa.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 Am
till 3:00 PM each day,all the BB Pork and ranch beans and coleslaw we could put away, and they paid us real good to-boot.
All and all I would loved to have been at your jam though, next time Hap.

------------------
Fred Justice,
Fred's Music www.fredjusticemusic.com
Rains Steel Guitars