Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Thomas Bohlen

Grayson Mandolin for sale

Post by Thomas Bohlen »

I have a Grayson Mandolin for sale made by Craig Thomas

you can check out his website
http://www.stagerobbers.com/arlenmandolin.htm

$1450 obo
This is an amazing mandolin for the price.

Most often when you go mandolin hunting, Mando's in this price range look pretty but fall flat in the tone department. They're usually thin and weak sounding. The Greyson mandolin is just the opposite and though it may look pretty if you're into the distressed look it is very worn from years of playing. Scratches and dings included!

Another thing to note is that the arch on the body has sunk and now is in place place lower than intended. I've never had a problem with it and find that the good tone might be a result of it. There is also a small crack running from the bottom of the F hole to the bottom of the instrument, maybe 1 and 1/2 inches but it has nowhere to run now and should not be a problem.

This is a working mans mandolin. Great tone, and one of the strongest and most percussive 'chops' I've ever heard. I always think of Sam Bush when I hear it. I've gigged for years with it in Bluegrass bands and now that I'm a full time steel player I'd like to pass it on to someone who will enjoy it as much as I do.

Comes with a hard shell case, extra mandolin picks, and a variety of mandolin instruction books and dvd's if you want it.

Here's a video of it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZSTfon2nrc

AMAZING PRICE for TONE!

contact tbohlen@gmail.com if you're interested!
$1450 obo, buyer pays for shipping

Rick Schacter

Beautiful mandolin!

Post by Rick Schacter »

Your video inspired me to purchase a copy of the Sam Bush cd with "Brilliancy" on it.
I thought you played it nicely.

Wish I had the money for that mandolin.
Good luck with your sale.

Rick
Thomas Bohlen

Post by Thomas Bohlen »

Thanks you kindly!

This mando is still available.