My Grandson's and I destroying a Mel Tillis song

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jeff Colson

My Grandson's and I destroying a Mel Tillis song

Post by Jeff Colson »

The 4 year old and 9 year old command a large fee to appear, but the old guy works cheap !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1GbNJknfM
Wally Taylor

Post by Wally Taylor »

Truly refreshing!!
George Brown

Post by George Brown »

Great Video Jeff. You've definitely got those young fellers heading in the right direction. Thanks for sharing.
George...
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Nice video, Jeff!
I enjoyed your steel playing, you are a good picker and you have a nice style and tone.
And... those side men you have are just alright too.
Have fun.
Larry J.
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Jeff, how very heartwarming! The little guy sitting there moving his mouth and singing along. He's gettin right into it! You are giving your grand kids more value than any amount of money could buy. In a few years you'll have a band there.
By the way, you sound terrific, both singing and steel!
Jeff Colson

Post by Jeff Colson »

Thanks guys for the encouragement and kind words. It would be great if I could do one of these in a few years that these guys actually played the instruments and sang, but that will be up to them. This is a great hobby for me and a lot of fun. I love the steel and classic country sounds !
Thanks again
Jeff
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Jeff !!
I absolutely love it !!

Both of our girls used to come with us to Gigs from the age of about Three!...friends would look after them..they would sleep Backstage or under a table
At the age of Four Jodie ould play a 20 min bracket on drums.....then later do a few songs on her own...........both sang with our band regular.....
Now they are grown up ....both play guitar and sing together...Amanda has a powerfull Opera voice
Jodie plays and teaches about 5 instruments...has just returned from a two night Gig in Cairo..Egypt....Huge money..Fares..Accom etc...all stemming from something like you are doing with your little ones................please keep it up
The end result is a wonderful feeling
Tony