what kind of steel is this

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Daniel McKee

what kind of steel is this

Post by Daniel McKee »

on the youtube video jim reeves on webb pierce show mid 1950s jimmy day does a solo on some kind of pedal steel cant tell a lot about it but i didnt recognize this steel what kind is it.jim reeves is singign ive lived a lot in my time.
C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

I have not a clue, but I have a question for all who may view this video:

"Who in the world does that lady in the blue, off the shoulder dress, feel will believe her silly, staged, body language not to mention her phoney gayity?".

I have stated many times what my "Pet Peave" is on the PSG. We'll I am going to tell you that "THAT" debacle and Goldess fakery; is another peave; and a TOTAL turnoff for me; and it has been for as long as I can remember. I hate everyone of those GOO kinescoped and TV videos for that very reasons. For, it denegrates and desacrates the awesome true talents of the peformers. May God have mercy on us for such chacanery (sp)!

Producers and directors of commercial videos sometimes make wise decisions; but sometimes they literal make fools of everyone, including themselves!

May Jesus lead us to know that fakery solves nothing, and wins NO "brownie points" in any thing that is good.

Sorry, but I have been taken to hell and back this week, and I just had to let off steam. I'm done now promise :) ,

c.
A broken heart + † = a new heart.
Roger Shackelton

Post by Roger Shackelton »

Hello Daniel,

I Believe Jimmy Day Was Playing A Bigsby PSG.

These Country Music Videos Were Filmed In A Quonset Building Between 1954---1957 In Downtown Nashville. They Are Known As The "GANOWAY FILMS". Many Opry Stars Performed In These Films. Roy Acuff & Hank Snow Did Not Appear In These Films.

The Lady In Blue Is June Webb An Opry Performer in the 1950s. :)

BTW:These Films Were Not Associated with The
Grand Old Opry. They Were Referred To As:
"The Country Show".

ROGER
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

link?
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
http://www.mikeperlowin.com http://soundcloud.com/mike-perlowin
Rick Batey

Post by Rick Batey »

Last edited by Rick Batey on 17 Oct 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

at first i thought it sounded a lot like a bigsby but i dont know for sure i could see the volume tone knobs on the side and it didnt look like a bigsby but i could be wrong.
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

C Dixon wrote:
"Who in the world does that lady in the blue, off the shoulder dress, feel will believe her silly, staged, body language not to mention her phoney gayity?".
c.
Say what you want about the lady in the blue dress, but Jim's voice rings sincere, honest and true as always. No matter what, he is the star of this clip.
C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

Oh really. Wow I thought Jimmy Day was the star and JR was only a prop :? !

Now how could I have made such a mistake? :D

c.
A broken heart + † = a new heart.
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

Will anyone tell us the link or the name of the song or something so we can share?
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

I am sorry I am so stupid. He put it on the first post Jim Reeves on the Webb Pierce show.
Thanks,
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Jimmy was playing a Wright Custom. Floyd Cramer is in the foreground.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

it dont look like a wright custom but i guess it could be why did jimmy days look different it is not marked as wright custom on the front.