Grand Ole Opry w/ Mel Tillis

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Grand Ole Opry w/ Mel Tillis

Post by Johnny Cox »

I've been filling in for Terry Bethal since his car accident. Terry is feeling much better and really is anxious to get back to work.
Mel is playing the re-opening of the Grand Ole Opry House on Tuesday, 9/28. I'll be playing steel with him and the Statesiders. Tune in on 650 am or online at
www.wsmonline.com. If you have an Iphone there is a great app called TuneIn Radio. It allows you to listen to and record any radio station in the world with a website including WSM and SteelRadio.com. Best .99 cents I've spent in a while.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Ray McCarthy

Post by Ray McCarthy »

I just clicked on the wsm address and got a big red warning that this is an "attack page" :!: :?: :?: :?:
John DeBoalt

Post by John DeBoalt »

It worked fine for me.
Equipment: Carter D10, Zum Stage1,
Wechter Scheernhorn Reso, Deneve Reso, Fender Jazzmaster, Martin D16, Walker Stereo Steel amp, TC Electronics M One effects unit, JBL 15" speaker cabs,Peavey Nashville 1000,Peavey Revoloution 112, Morrell Lap Steel, Boss DD3 delay,others
Ron Randall

Post by Ron Randall »

Good news Johnny!

Knock 'em dead, or break a leg.

Rr
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Ray McCarthy wrote:I just clicked on the wsm address and got a big red warning that this is an "attack page" :!: :?: :?: :?:
I got the same warning.
Don Ricketson

Post by Don Ricketson »

You go Johnny. You da man. 8)
John Swindle

Post by John Swindle »

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I hope the "attack page" warning keeps everyone away from that site. The reason some don't see that warning message, as John DeBoalt said, is that the message is a function of your browser - assuming you're using one with that capability. If your browser isn't set to warn you away from infected sites, you won't see a warning, and your computer stands a chance of getting infected. So if you visited wsmonline.com, you might do well to run a virus/worm check on your computer.
David Hartley

Hi

Post by David Hartley »

Johnny, thanks for the iPhone app/tip.I will try and get tuned in, have a great time, .
Sorry to hear about Terry though, hope he gets back to it soon.