KSGA meeting Sunday

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

ray qualls

KSGA meeting Sunday

Post by ray qualls »

Well guys & gals, that time of the month has come around again. The November meeting of the KSGA will be held this Sunday, Nov. 6th at the Old Community Building located at 4th St. & West Avenue in Baxter Springs, Kansas from 1:00-5:00. Lots of info to be said about our "Show" last month. Bring your steel and have a blast. Coffee, pop, cookies and cake for dessert. Looks like the weather is going to be great for traveling. The meeting is open to the public so brings some friends with you. Any questions feel free to call:
Ray Qualls at 620-856-3314
Lee Ogle at 620-856-5881
Doug Hudson at 620-249-4105
See you Sunday.
www.kansassteelguitarassociation.com
Lavelle Pierce

Post by Lavelle Pierce »

ray i am sorry i can"t make it i have a meet a reality lady trying to buy a house. sorry the next week i will not be able to go to siliom springs i am going to a steel show at forrest hill,la. so i am filled up. sorry see you next time .
Elizabeth Qualls

Post by Elizabeth Qualls »

Guys & Gals.....the leaves are falling and it's such a beautiful time of the year.Getting all together again will be a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.Lots of good music,fellowship, coffee,soda pop and snacks.....see ya there!
Elizabeth Qualls

Post by Elizabeth Qualls »

^^^^Up To The Top Please^^^^
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

One more time! Looks like a good turnout scheduled for this Sunday! Austin Stewart is supposed to be there along with Mike McGee, Lee Ogle, Doug Hudson, Paul Troop and a couple of new members, one who is Benny Haynes from Miami. Hopefully some of the Arkansas guys and Oklahoma guys will be there too. Got cake and cookies, pop and coffee. Back-up band will be Jerry Hoffman(piano), Kyle Ogle(Bass) and his friend on drums. Never know who else will show up. The more, the merrier! Come one, come all.
Ray & Elizabeth Qualls
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Ray, Randy may call you, but he had to work late yesterday and I don't think they will get home in time Sunday for them to bring Austin over. They were sure disapointed. Ya'll have a good time. Donna
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

This is Austin's mom. We made it back to Kansas and are headed back out the door now to attend the meeting. Austin will be there ready to have some fun.
Douglas Hudson

Post by Douglas Hudson »

Sure wish I could have made it, but alas I had to run the store today. Hopefully will be there next month. Just keep you all updated, 2 weeks ago Smiths Brothers Band has been in the studio recording an album. Scheduled hopefully to be released in spring of 2006. So I have been a busy, busy boy!!! Miss all ya guys and hopefully see ya next month.
Douglas Hudson
Leland Ogle

Post by Leland Ogle »

Douglas, we were all concerned about you. I'm glad your absence was work related not health related. We missed you today, it was a good get together. Hope to see you Dec. 4th.
Lee
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

Just wanted to say thank you to the KSGA for welcoming us in to the meeting. A big thank you to Paul for letting me jump on his Fender double 8 and do some pickin. (what a geat guitar!!!) It was great seeing all our friends and look forward to the next time!

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Glad you and Teresa could stop by on your way home. Here' a pic of Scotty playing a 1951 Fender double 8.

------------------
Ray Qualls
President(KSGA) www.rayqualls.com

ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

We'd like to thank all the members of the KSGA who showed up Sunday for our monthly jam. The weather was beautiful and the music was great! Thanks to the steelers: Lee Ogle, Mike McGee, Austin Stewart, Paul Troop, Marty Neer, Glen Vaughn, Rick Nicklas(new member) and Benny Haynes(new member). Thanks to Scott & Teresa Henderson for stopping by for a visit. Thanks to Clovis Richards who came for a visit. Thanks to Jerry Hoffman(guitar), Floyd McCoy(guitar), Kyle Ogle(bass) and Trent(drums) as the back-up band. Member John & Ruth Thomas, Ruth Sageser, Randy & Dana Stewart and Austin's younger brother?(I'm gettin old), Shirley Bowen and Trent's Dad, and to Ricks wife Debbie. Thanks to Elizabeth Qualls for the cake and cookies, pop & coffee and her support for me. I don't do very good without her. Image It was a great meeting and we'll have the next one the first weekend in December. Ray Qualls-President(KSGA)
www.kansassteelguitarassociation.com
Larry Garrett

Post by Larry Garrett »

Hey Ray,
It sounds like y'all had a great time. I went to a cousin's 50th wedding anniversary celebration so couldn't make it to KSGA. Maybe next month. Hopefully some of y'all can come next Sunday to SSSGC's meeting in the old medical clinic in Siloam Springs. I'm not sure when the Baptist Campground will again be available. I guess the hurricane evacuees messed it up more than I thought.