Pro Fex ll

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roger Foreman

Pro Fex ll

Post by Roger Foreman »

Do you know anybody that can work on a Pro Fex ll. Sent this one back to Pevey 2 time and still not working.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

What is wrong with it? If Peavey can't fix it, I doubt that Ace Tech Ken Fox can do it.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

I agree with Jack! I know the analog circuits pretty well in there but I do not get into the digital side at all!
Roger Foreman

Post by Roger Foreman »

I will try to explain. Rack system ProFex ll, DPC 750, tuner etc. Aprox 15yrs. old. Never had a problem. Started poping loud. Isolated profex. Noticed when unit was turned on, about 15 sec. the clip light would come on. Thats when the loud pop. Got worse. Sent it to peavey, they cleaned it and sent it back. Same problem. Sent it back, now clip light comes on but no sound. Left Mike Brown a message that was never returned.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Sounds like it had battery leakage. I hate to say it, but it may not be repairable if the leakage has continued.
James Marlowe

Post by James Marlowe »

Y'all are scaring me!
I just sent my newly acquired, battery-less modded PFII to Peavey for a problem. It was making a loud, sharp pop when a note was played at volume. As far as I know repair hasn't been started yet. Sure hoping I have better luck!! :roll:
J.R. Marlowe
Life has many choices. Eternity has TWO. I choose Heaven.
Black '95 Zumsteel SD10, 4+5;Black Mullen RP SD10, 4+5
NRA Life member
Roger Foreman

Post by Roger Foreman »

The Ken Fox mod was put in my unit when they first came out and I have had no problems until the poping started. And when I say poping I mean loud enough to blow a speaker.