$800 Steel

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Gary Shepherd

$800 Steel

Post by Gary Shepherd »

deleted
Last edited by Gary Shepherd on 1 Sep 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Shepherd

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
Ron Davis
Location: Lake Arrowhead, California... We're a mile high. ;)

Post by Ron Davis »

It'll go higher...
Steve Stallings

Post by Steve Stallings »

Interesting that no picture of the front apron is shown.
Steve Stallings
Emmons Legrande II 8X5
Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

I don't know anything about it. Just thought a Forum beginner might be looking for a nice guitar at that price. If it's in good condition, then the price is certainly good.
Gary Shepherd

www.16tracks.com
b0b

Post by b0b »

Use of the Classified Ads section to drive traffic to online auctions (e.g. EBay) is subject to a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.
-๐•“๐•†๐•“- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

That's am amazing deal for somebody. That guitar is easily worth twice that, if not more. I'm tempted to bid on it myself.
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
http://www.mikeperlowin.com http://soundcloud.com/mike-perlowin
Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

I thought the same thing. But my wife (and possibly I) would have a cow if I spent more money on guitars right now. Maybe in a few years.
Gary Shepherd

www.16tracks.com
b0b

Post by b0b »

I'll be expecting a check from you when it sells, Gary.
Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

ยกยกRats!!
Gary Shepherd

www.16tracks.com
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

I think that in all fairness, if a forumite buys the guitar as a result of this thread, the buyer should pay b0b the 2.5%.

I think this should be a forum policy. If you buy a guitar on E-bay as a result if the auction being mentioned here, b0b should be paid.

Since I bought my 2nd Millennium under just those circumstances, I will be sending b0b a check in the near future (I'm waiting for one myself, and will pay b0b as soon as it arrives.)
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

Well, unless this is a bad attempt at a joke, I certainly won't be mentioning any other eBay items on the forum. Who would have thought?!
Gary Shepherd

www.16tracks.com
Ron Davis
Location: Lake Arrowhead, California... We're a mile high. ;)

Post by Ron Davis »

BTW - I saw that on eBay before I ever read this thread.
I'm sure I'm not the only one...
But, I have no plans on buying it. Ain't gonna happen.
Dave O'Brien

Msa

Post by Dave O'Brien »

Since it's a Classic and not at Classic XL it is most likely (only) a double raise/double lower for those considering a U-12 setup.
b0b

Post by b0b »

Gary Shepherd wrote:Well, unless this is a bad attempt at a joke, I certainly won't be mentioning any other eBay items on the forum. Who would have thought?!
It's been in the forum rules for the past ten years, Gary. http://steelguitarforum.com/agree.html

It applies only to the Classified Ads sections, which are the Forum's main source of operating income.
Mike Perlowin

Re: Msa

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Dave O'Brien wrote:Since it's a Classic and not at Classic XL it is most likely (only) a double raise/double lower for those considering a U-12 setup.
Dave. It may indeed be a classic with the double raise changer, but let me point out that Tom Bradshaw has invented a conversion devise that converts a lower to a raise, (or vice versa) so a double raise double lower MSA (I don't know if these things will fit any other brands,) can easily be converted to a triple raise single lower on the 2 strings of the universal tuning that require 3 raises.

My green classic, shown in my avatar, has been equipped with 3 of these devises, one of which converts a raise to a lower, for so many years I've lost count. They have worked perfectly all that time, with no problems whatsoever.

I called the seller, explained that MSA changed their mechanics around 1978, while retaining the same body, and asked him to take pictures of the end-plate and front apron. That should clear up any confusion.
Mike Perlowin

The seller sent me some pics.

Post by Mike Perlowin »

It is, indeed a Classic with the double raise changer.

Charlie Shifflett

Nice msa

Post by Charlie Shifflett »

Nice guitar but I could,nt handel 12 strings Charlie
Charlie 1969 Emmons p/p 8/5 old pevey ltd400
Thanks
Mark Greenway

Rats!!!

Post by Mark Greenway »

I think I will buy that guitar just so Gary will have to pay the 2.5. LOL

Rats!!! :lol:
Chris Sims

Post by Chris Sims »

If the Seller pays Ebay for the advertisement, why not pay bob and Gary 2.5 percent for the help or ad here if bought by a forum member...
Ok just adding another good idea to the mix.
Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

Do you think that b0b understood that this is not my guitar and that I don't know the seller? I was simply mentioning what seemed like a pretty good deal.

Guess it doesn't matter anyway. I don't have 2.5% of a dollar right now.
Gary Shepherd

www.16tracks.com
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

Gary,

You need to post it somewhere else other than For Sale. The For Sale section is b0b's source of income and when you post ebay sales here, he can't collect. post it in steel guitar or no pedals, or some other section other than for sale.
Jay Yuskaitis

Msa

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

Over my lifetime, I've played the part of a dummy time and time again until I was caught in the act. Gary was not trying to snow anybody, just trying to help a bit. To bad there are such a bunch of "Vultures" on our forum, me included, just waiting to crucify the first guy that don't meet up to the rest of "You/ Us". Deny it as you want. Jay Y.
Bill Wilson

Post by Bill Wilson »

I have a black lacquer Classic that looks to be the same model as this, but with a pad AND with a triple-triple changer. But mine was once Reese Anderson's personal guitar (as he confirmed via email) so maybe it was one of a kind. It sounds amazing. I absolutely love the guitar. I played out with it last Saturday for the first time in seven years, through a Twin Reverb and no effects, and it was sounding sweet. It would have to be pried from my cold, dead fingers.

This could be a very nice guitar for extended E9 tuning.
b0b

Post by b0b »

I think that the rule is pretty clear, Gary.
Use of the Classified Ads section to drive traffic to online auctions (e.g. EBay) is subject to a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.
It doesn't say anything about who is selling the item. That is irrelevant. The intent is to keep our Classified Ads section from turning into a list of Ebay links. If you want to direct people to Ebay, you either pay 2.5% here or you post in a different part of the forum. That's the rule.
William Fraser

Auction Drivers

Post by William Fraser »

I am tired of people mentioning items for sale on Craigs list , Ebay or any source other than thier own collections . Charge them , I have bought a few items on the forum , BUT if I am on the Forum , I want to buy from PRIVATE parties , Dealers should be Identified as such , Non-steelers ? If you place an ad for your brother-in-law's 2nd cousin's best friend be prepared to PAY , Bob , does a great job , he needs to eat & buy groceries too! Billy Lee Fraser
Billy Lee ,Pro-II,, Session 400,Session 500 , Supro , National, SpeedDemons,& too many Archtops & Stratotones.Lots of vintage parts for Kay ! etc.