My sincere thanks to everyone for purchasing my DVD

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Mike Neer

My sincere thanks to everyone for purchasing my DVD

Post by Mike Neer »

I have sold out Steelin' From The Masters Vol. 1 DVD and I probably won't be reprinting them again (it will still be available as a download).

If anyone has any comments they'd like to share about the DVD, please do. Thanks, Mike
Last edited by Mike Neer on 10 Sep 2010 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mark Lavelle

Post by Mark Lavelle »

Mike,

You've got PayPal!

I've been enjoying your posts ever since I found SGF, and your DVD has been "next on my list" for a while now.

-- Mark
Steve Hamill

money sent

Post by Steve Hamill »

It will go nicely with the 8 string Todd just finished for me 8)
Mark Lavelle

Post by Mark Lavelle »

P.S.: What tune is the Speedy West DVD going to cover, or are you taking a different approach?
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Thank you, gentlemen.

The Speedy video will present 4 tunes: Steelin' Moonlight, Skiddle Dee Boo, Wild and Woolly West and Afternoon of a Swan, with tab/notation and backing tracks. It will be less centered on improvisation, and more focused on Speedy's compositional and performance style with an additonal segment which will include a very special guest.
Scott Thomas

Post by Scott Thomas »

Payment sent . .

Thanks for the heads up!
Nils Fliegner

Post by Nils Fliegner »

Whoa, Mike!
When is your Speedy West DVD-lesson ready to ship/download? That announcement sounds awesome!
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Nils, I can't exactly say when, as it is a laborious process for me. I'm hoping for end of year--maybe Christmas.

One of the important points of this next project is that there are 4 tunes all played in different tunings, all using 1 set of strings and 1 neck.
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Thanks everyone who purchased!

I have 5 copies left--I suppose I could send them to my mother!
Nils Fliegner

Post by Nils Fliegner »

One of the important points of this next project is that there are 4 tunes all played in different tunings, all using 1 set of strings and 1 neck.
Does it mean that there is some retuning at order on that one neck or do you plan to rearrange everything for one tuning?

And, just as a little teaser: Will the required neck need eight or six strings, with a high E or high G? My guess: 8 strings, high G - I could be wrong! :wink:
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

The neck will be retuned to several tunings, all on an 8 string neck with a high E.
Cory Dolinsky

Post by Cory Dolinsky »

Hi Mike,

just sent you a paypal, look forward to checking out the video. I hope you have one left.

thanks Cory
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Thanks to everyone, I've nearly sold out all of my copies (just a few remaining). I've removed the links to my original purchase page because I don't want to get into a position of selling copies that I don't have, but I will include the link here until the final copies are gone:

SFTM DVD purchase
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

I just bought a copy, Mike, from the previews it's an awesome teaching piece, thanks! Is tab included? I know it's all shown clearly, but often a visual review is faster and handy...just wondering, no biggie if not.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Mark Lavelle

Post by Mark Lavelle »

John McClung wrote:I just bought a copy, Mike, from the previews it's an awesome teaching piece, thanks! Is tab included? I know it's all shown clearly, but often a visual review is faster and handy...just wondering, no biggie if not.
Tab is not only included, you get to download it as soon as he gets your order.
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Again, my sincere thanks to everyone for purchasing my DVD. I never thought I would sell out of this run (at least not so soon). I hope that it has helped you in some way.

I know I worked hard on the production, but I also have found a few areas that I can improve upon. Sometimes it's extremely difficult to make something you visualize come to fruition and I realized that very early on that I had bit off more than I could chew. So, sleeves got rolled up and I learned a ton.
James Williamson

DVDs

Post by James Williamson »

Mike, let me know when you're ready for pre-orders on the Speedy West DVD.