Ben Keith tragity in Gallatin TN.

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bobbe Seymour

Ben Keith tragity in Gallatin TN.

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

I just heard that Ben had a horrible fire and lost his house and all contents. Any news on this will be welcomed. Ben is a great person.

Ben is the producer of Rock act "Jewell" and has been the steel player for Neil Young (30 years) and such country acts as Faron Young, Patsy Cline and many more.

Some one find him and lets see if we can help hime in any way.

Bobbe
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

That's some bad news for sure, keep us posted with any more information you may have...
Dave Harmonson

Post by Dave Harmonson »

Man, that is terrible news.
Fish

Post by Fish »

Hi Bobbe,
I hope this isn't true. I spoke with Ben last Saturday and he made no mention of a fire. He now lives on Neil Young's ranch out in California. He seemed in fine spirits and in rare form. Do you know when the fire took place or any other details?
thanks a lot,
Steve Fishell
Mike Merz

Post by Mike Merz »

I am so very sorry to hear that. Ben is why I took the steel up 35 years ago.
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

I understand it's Ben on Patsy Cline's "I Fall to Pieces". Love the steel in that tune. I hope Ben makes out OK.
Lawyers are done: Emmons SD-10, 3 Dekleys including a D10, NV400, and lots of effects units to cover my clams...
Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

Mike Merz wrote:I am so very sorry to hear that. Ben is why I took the steel up 35 years ago.
Me too Mike (cept four years ago). lots of us started cause of Ben i think. harvest was the trigger for me.

I just hope no one was injured.
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Yes, I got the message from a member of the State on TN. resorce board that helps folks after tragidies that happen in their lives.

Bobbe
Fish

Post by Fish »

Hello Bobbe and everyone,

You were absolutely right, Bobbe. I just spoke with Ben Keith in California and he confirmed that his house in Gallatin suffered a severe fire on July 4th. He was in California at the time but he said his wife was in the house when the fire broke out and she barely got out alive. A newly-installed air conditioning unit apparently exploded and caused the fire. The fire was extensive but thankfully there were no injuries.

Ben said he lost a Sho-Bud, a dobro and a few guitars. He said his main steel was safe with him in California at the time.

He greatly appreciates all of the kind thoughts and words from everyone posted on the Steel Guitar Forum.

Steve
Last edited by Fish on 17 Jul 2010 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy Bannister

Post by Tommy Bannister »

BEN CHECK OUT MIKE JOHNSON ON UTUBE HE IS FAB
ALL THE POSTS ON HERE ARE REALY GOOD AS YOU WILL FIND OUT JUST BR SEEJING
REGARDS
TB
HECK THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ON THE WRONG THREAD!!!!
GOT EVERYTHING a steelplayer needs except movement owing to a bad stroke
paralizing my compleat left side

may god grant me return of it all!!
williams d10 9/8 burnt orange box,bobro,itone,rowland space echo,goodridge ldr 120 VP,any bars,quad reverb,sonar 8.5 vegus 10,soundforge, plus foxtex 24/24,maki 16 trk desk,could go on forever,two Nashville 112's pevey 500 session, steel guitar black box,LDR 120 VP

brand new WILLIAMS D10 9,8 NOT PLAYED OWING TO MY STROKE,WHAT A BUMMER!!!
Micky Byrne

Re: Ben Keith tragity in Gallatin TN.

Post by Micky Byrne »

Bobbe, I can sympathise with Ben. Same thing happened to me in 2005....house fire many things destroyed, but most regretably one of my dogs died in the fumes. I hope all will be well for him.

Micky Byrne U.K.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:( Whoa!!! that sux big time, Ben ,I've been listening, and being inspired by your pickin for a Very long time. It's a tragedy , THANK GOD your wife ...or anyone was not injured. But I know you're tough enuff and won't be down for long. God bless ya buddy ....and keep up the kik-ass pickin ....much care and love from NM.....Stormy :)