Baxter Springs, KS. July Meeting/Picnic Pictures and Report

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Dana Stewart

Baxter Springs, KS. July Meeting/Picnic Pictures and Report

Post by Dana Stewart »

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who came out and helped make our meeting/picnic a huge success. We had close to forty people show up and they all brought food and a friendly attitude. I thought the day was a great success! We had hamburgers, hotdogs, watermelon, cantalope, potato salad, baked beans, pasta salad, lots of desserts. What everyone raved about the most was the corn that Marty Neer brought. He had it all wrapped and marinated, and Randy grilled it up, and it just doesn't get any better than that!

I guess it could get better, because then we moved the tables aside, set up chairs, and played some music. What a great day!

I will let the pictures show the crowd and who was there. I managed to get the most part of a list, but I don't want to leave anyone out. We are so glad each and every one of you came out to be with us.

Dana

Carol Troop getting some of that wonderful watermelon.

Jerry Foster eating Fred's hamburger!

Ray, enjoying the shade.

Visitors, listening in. We were glad to have some of Dee Foster's family with us.

Mom, singing for us.

Playing music left side of room...

Playing music right side of room...

More visiting.

Some could not resist dancing...

Everyone had to try the new Justice guitar...

Charles Barnett

Post by Charles Barnett »

Hey Dana & Ray

I had a great time and managed to meet a goal I set
to jam with every body Thanks for everything!!!
Charlie Barnett
G2 D10 8x5, D-10-Emmons LaGrande 8x4,Stewart
pwr amp,Reverlation pre-amp,Lexicon
MPX1,Session 500,Session 400
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Alright Jerry that does it, you wait till i get ahold of you. I'm gonna wind up your G# so tight your eye balls will pop out!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eat my burger will ya.......
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

All jokes aside, looks like you all had a wonderful day of fellowship, picken and eaten.
Sure wish I could have been there.
Thanks for letting everyone try your new Justice guitar Clovis, see you all soon. :D
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
C.D. Richards

Post by C.D. Richards »

Just wanted to add mine and Viv's thanks to all you Kansas folks for all your hard work putting together your July meeting and picnic. We really enjoyed all the good food, music and fellowship.
PS: Fred if you look close at the pictures you may be able to see me trying to keep Jerry from eating your burger? Clovis & Viv
Norma Jean Lucas

Post by Norma Jean Lucas »

Dana and to all the club members, thanks for a very enjoyable time and all the hard work that went into it. Food and music was great. You're right, the corn was delicious. 8) Randy did a great job of being TOP CHEF! Sorry you, Lee and Ray weren't feeling up to par but went on to see that every detail was taken care of for the event. Thanks again. :!: :!:
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

What a great Sunday for hamburgers & hot dogs and steel guitar music. Thanks to all the musicians and visitors who showed up and made it possible. Its such a blessing to have good friends to enjoy your life with. Thanks again to everyone who made this happen. Ray
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

I left town right after the jam and picnic, so I didn't get to say how much we enjoyed the day. It was a lot of fun!!!!!!!! Great food and company.

Donna