DSSGA Thanks

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Stafford

DSSGA Thanks

Post by Bill Stafford »

I wish to thank everyone who participated and came to our show here in Gulfport, Ms. yesterday-Sat. 6 Aug. It was so good to see the SRO crowd and better yet to hear all that great steel guitar playing. Jr. Martin and his No. 1 Cajun band did a superb job and shook the rafters for their one hour show. Too many players to name individually so I just want you all to know how much you are appreciated here in Gulfport. Thanks for making this a big success. Oct 1 is the date of the next event so start planning early.
I would like to especially Jeff Blackwell for his terrific job on the MC duties. A more professional MC I have never experienced. Thanks so much Jeff for all you did.
Bill Stafford
Billy Carr
Restricted

Post by Billy Carr »

Thanks to you Mr. Bill. You done an outstanding job keeping everything going. This was one of the better steel shows I've been to and played in. A wonderful crowd with plenty of players and people that support steel guitar. Like you said, it would be hard to mention everybody here but a special thanks to Jeff and Ben also. Good job guys. I'll see everybody on Oct.1st if not before.
J PARKER

Post by J PARKER »

WOW What a great show it was in gulfport and thanks to Mr. Bill for the great job that he did. I would personally like to thank everyone for the kind words and all the people that i got to meet there. I wont try to call everyones name out because i will leave someone out and just dont wanna do that. Good luck to all of you and great picking guys. Hope to see everyone again at the next show. Jim Parker
D10 Rains Nashville 400
Jeff Blackwell

Post by Jeff Blackwell »

11 hours of non-stop live entertainment!!! Everyone of the outstanding pickers just mesmerize me. I wish I could list each one, but thank you for being a part of a most successful show on Saturday.
Special thanks to Bill Stafford and Ben O'Dell for working so very hard to put together such a huge event.
God best to all!

------------------
Jeff Blackwell
Emmons D-10 LeGrande - Nashville 400

Having a steel guitar show you want to promote? Add it to the calendar at www.steelguitarshows.com
Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

It was a very good show, a capacity crowd, and plenty of vendors to please every one, including those beautiful Adams resonator guitars (I want that hard rock maple one), and Jr Martin's cajun squeeze boxes. Those things are a work of art, built by some very nice people. I missed the gumbo, but I got into those shrimp from R.J.s Lakeside Fish Restaurant. Thanks, R.J. Great music, of course. Good job Bill, and everyone.

------------------
Howard, 'Les Paul Recording, Zum S12U, Vegas 400, Boss ME-5, Boss DM-3, DD-3, Sierra Session D-10
http://www.Charmedmusic.com

Reggie Duncan

Post by Reggie Duncan »

Another great show put on by the Deep South folks! Great attendance! Just a priviledge to be a small part of the festivities. Thanks to all who showed kindness to Daddy and Clay......until next time.......
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Well let me tell ya,that was the BEST psg show i have EVER attended,the people make you feel like your family and the other player's make you feel they are your fan's,my buddy Jeff Blackwell know's just what to say and do to keep ya happy and keep it rolling,i know who's gonna mcee at the medicare jam in nov!!!!.now for mr. Saxton,man what a side man, unbeleaveable to say the least,well i could go on and on and never cover it all,but IF you missed it you missed the BEST,,,IMHO... Image
c ya Charlie,....<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Charlie Moore on 08 August 2005 at 06:23 AM.]</p></FONT>
Tom Harris

Post by Tom Harris »

Howdy Yall...
Altho im not a steel player,(altho lawd know's i wish i could),i would like to say how much i enjoyed the jam saturday,,man,what an awesome line up,,to mention each player personally,,it would take a longgggggggggg time,but lawd,what some sho nuff steel player's,and let's put some credit where credit is due,Bill,,you and Ben,,as usual,,did a fantistic job on the line up,you guy's are something else,it take's a lot of commitment for such as that and,yall never seem to tire lol,Mr.Billy Carr was some kinda goodman,if i could just learn 2 of his lick's,,i'ed be satisfied lol,i knew his dad Bill sr,back in the 50ies,and Bill,i know he would be sho nuff proud of you,i can hear Bill sr now,"i taught him all he know's lol,well let me say what a thrill it was for me to get to sing with Mr. Pee Wee Whitewing,my feet aint touched the floor yet lol,been knowing ole Pee Wee sinse 1953,and he's just as awesome now as then,Thank's Pee Wee for a spot on your line-up.
Well again,Bill and Ben,you guy's are great,,lookin foward to Oct. show....
Tom Harris...
Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

It was truly a great show!!!!!! It was wonderful to play to a full house. My thanks to Bill and Ben for putting on a top notch show. And Jeff did a great job of MC work. Buck & Mitzi
Jr. Martin

Post by Jr. Martin »

I have never been to any steel show that is more family oriented. Starting with friday night at R.J.'s Restaurant. It was a treat to see Sera perform (what talent) Again, I would like to thank Bill and R.J. for the invitation to play our cajun music. All the people were very nice and friendly.It was really a treat to see all the steel players. It was also nice to visit with Roy Rosetta,I wish we had a piano set up to have him play with us. Thanks for everyone being so nice. I hope we can do this again someday.I would also like to thank Beau Thomas for taking time from his family to play fiddle with us. Thanks to ken David also.

Jr Martin
Pedalmaster "Gold" Steel Guitar
Gerry Walker Stereo Amp

Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

What a great show. Hats off to you Mr. Bill for putting together a great day of entertainment. Jeff Blackwell did a super job as usual as MC. I thought that all the players were great. A good show like this one only happens through a lot of hard work and attention. Great job Mr. Bill, we all appreciate all that you do. And to all the players, I thought all was great. Looking forward to the next one.
Billy Carr
Restricted

Post by Billy Carr »

Thanks Tom for the kind words and mentioning my father, Billy Sr. I sure he would have been right in the middle of everything had he lived. He was a big Emmons and Green fan. Special thanks to everybody that was there on Saturday. The Louisiana folks were great. Enjoyed your singing with Pee Wee also. Very nice.
Ben ODell

Post by Ben ODell »

What could I say that hasn't already been said ?

Well,,,,,,, for starters:

I want to thank everyone that was in attendance. A crowd like that facility has never seen before. A full house of some of the greatest folks on earth.

I looked up and saw my buddy and "PIANO PLAYER DELUXE", (ROY ROSETTA) walking in the door and I was just bubbling. It was sooooo good to see you there Roy. Although we missed you up on the stage, it was a pleasure to have the time to just sit and chat.

What a show Jr Martin and his band put on. WOW. The Young-Uns just knocked everybody out!!! What a great sounding "SQUEEZE" you build. It is always a thrill to meet new friends. You good folks from Louisiana were what this show was all about. Thanks for bringing it to us!!!

Then of course, PeeWee finally found the strang and followed it to the place, and sho-nuff turned the lights on. I can never get enough of the style and tone PeeWee brings to the stage. I promised PeeWee, as soon as I get Ms Mickey on her feet, we are coming to his show down there is coon-ass country. Really looking forward to it PeeWee.

And as usual,,,,,,,, Buck Grantham had the stage booming with all the great songs on his list. I was just plumb tickled to play the set with Buck. Buck did a round of the great cajun songs I always love to play. Got into it sooooo good, Buck had to reach around and unplug my guitar to get me to end a couple of his tunes. HA !!!

Lets see:
Billy carr,,,,,,,, What a show !ALWAYS !!!
Bill Stafford,,,,, Slam-dunker
Joe Wright,,,,,,,, Brought tears in the hall with his closing gospel song. What a player.
Jim Parker,,,,,,,, Very Good Line Up Of Songs
Beau Thomas,,,,,,, The finest of the finest of FIDDLE PLAYERS. His ole feet are kinda red from stomping all those hot peppers to make that pepper sauce but he can sho-nuff saw that fiddle.

Don't know if I can recall all the names of the wonderful people who came to the show and especially the ones that honored us on the stage. But, I have to throw a plug in here for a few more names I can.

Bob Saxton,,,,,,,, I was talking to PeeWee about Bob and PeeWee said, "Man,,,,, He knows everything". So on the next to the last set, I decided to try him out. I called a song from way,,, way,,, back, Bob looked up at me and said, "What Key". And the next thing I knew, he kicked that sucker off, JUST LIKE THE RECORD. What a fantastic guitar player. I am proud to be able to say I know him !!!!

Jeff Blackwell,,,,,,, Don't think I can say much more than Bill hasn't already said about our "MC EXTRAORDINARE". Jeff really puts his heart in it. And, by the way, Sings a good song. Never heard "6 days on the road" sung any better Jeff. Thanks for being there for us, and with us.

We are looking forward to a carbon copy of this weekend's show upcoming in October. And,,,we can hardly wait to meet more good friends and neighbors, we can brag about.

Thanks to everyone who attended and those that didn't for your interest. Hope to see everyone SOON!!!

Ben O'Dell

------------------
If it ain't got steel in it, It Ain't
Tom Harris

Post by Tom Harris »

Jeff,,thank's for the nice e-mail i got from you friend,,,let me say when it comes to being an m c,,you dont take a back seat to anybody,,you did the show real proud..
tom harris..
Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

That's true, Tom. Jeff adds a lot of class to the show, hope he's at all of them from now on.

------------------
Howard, 'Les Paul Recording, Zum S12U, Vegas 400, Boss ME-5, Boss DM-3, DD-3, Sierra Session D-10
http://www.Charmedmusic.com

Jeff Blackwell

Post by Jeff Blackwell »

Well, if I can't play the steel guitar, at least I can be with those who do!

I can't tell you what a high I get from emceeing the shows. I'm the one who is grateful to be among the talent that Bill and Ben bring to Gulfport.

Looks like I will be emcee at Charlie Moore's Medicare Steel Jam in November.

Also, Larry Toliver from the West Texas Steel Guitar Association has asked me to emcee their show in June of '06.

It is truly my honor to know you guys!

------------------
Jeff Blackwell
Emmons D-10 LeGrande - Nashville 400

Having a steel guitar show you want to promote? Add it to the calendar at www.steelguitarshows.com
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

WOW! Jeff, looks as if this is blooming into a full time job for you. Proud for you and I am so pleased that you are getting the notice you and your talents deserve. Keep me posted as I want to get to as many of these shows as I possible can to just sit back, listen and enjoy. Thanks for all the hard work you did for me and DSSGA this past Saturday. You made our day a big success.
Bill Stafford