Gospel Steel at St. Louis

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Doug Rolfe

Gospel Steel at St. Louis

Post by Doug Rolfe »

It has just been confirmed with Scotty that we will be having a Gospel steel concert at St. Louis on Saturday Sept. 4th during the International Steel Guitar Convention. It will be held in the Jefferson room from 10:00a to 2:00p. Some players are already confirmed such as Doug Jernigan, Albert Svenddal, Mike Sigler, & Fred Justice. Kurt Kowalski plans on being there and playing on his lap steel. We are still talking with others at this time. There will probably be about 8 players. We will update this later as more info is available. As a result of this change, there will be no Sunday service.
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Doug, I am looking forward to being a part of the Gospel Steel concert in St Louis, MO this fall. God bless...Albert
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Doug, please check your email pertaining to another subject.
Jerry
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

We have just confirmed Jerry Roller, Jerry Newberry, Austin Stewart and L.T Zinn as a part of the show. I am waiting on one more and that will fill our program. We're looking forward to a great time.
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

I just received confirmation from Gene Crain. That will provide us with a full program and we are excited about everyone who will be playing and trust that it will be a blessing to those who come to hear.
Jeremiah Hanley

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

Doug, We've had the privilege many times of being in the church service in St. Louis at the Convention. Not having the church service at the St. Louis ISGC this year will certainly be missed. The music was always great, but what was really great was your messages from the Word of God. You always had a strong scriptural quality to your messages. I appreciate those who brought their steels to the church service and also the singing of Rob Parker, but to me the thing that makes church, "church" is the preaching of God's Word! God bless you for all the years of faithful ministry!
Jerry and Venda
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

What an honor to be asked to play on the Gospel concert in St Louis and I am very much looking forward to it. I hope the room is full.
Jerry
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

We have a great lineup and are getting excited about the show. This will be our first time to attempt to do this at Scotties and are trusting that we will have a good turnout. It will start promptly at 10:00a on Saturday in the Jefferson room.
So here's the player list but in no particular order. Doug Jernigan, Mike Sigler, Fred Justice, Albert Svenddal, Jerry Roller, Kurt Kowalski, L.T. Zinn, Jerry Newberry, Austin Stewart and Gene Crain.
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

TTT
Jerry
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

TTT
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Doug I sure am humbled and honored to be a part of this gathering again.
Any time Jesus's followers are gathered, a good time will be had. :D I'm looking forward to it.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

We are looking forward to a great time and are so pleased to have such a wonderful lineup. There's nothing sweeter than Gospel music on a steel guitar.
I can't wait!!!
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

We have now confirmed that Joe Arview and his band will be the house band for the gospel steel show. They are great and will be able to work with any of the players who wish to use them. WOW. I can't wait.!!!
Don Lampley

Post by Don Lampley »

I'm the bass player with Joe Arview and Thunder we're looking forward to being there and more than happy to play behind anyone that wants us. Thanks for letting us be a part of this always fun.
Bill Stafford

Gospel show

Post by Bill Stafford »

Doug, Margie Mays has just completed a Gospel project at Breeden's Studio in Nashville. I was in attendance and she played so well. This will be a great Steel Gospel CD and she will be in St. Louis too. HINT..Best to you and all in your family. Keep up the good work.

Bill Stafford