emmons co. vs ivano

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

We all love Emmons guitars.
Ivano now has 3 Emmons guitars, and he is happy to have them. So stop saying “I have been doing business with Emmons since 100 years and never got a problem....” . Also Ivano never got a problem, that’s why he asked for another Emmons.
Not a problem ‘till now.

The last purchase, after all the things that you probably know, came without pedalboard, that Ivano sent it back when he sent the first red PSG.
In one of their email they said that the pedalboard was ready and polished (as for Ivano’s desire).
Now they say that they never receive that pedalboard.

If you like a service, a treatment, like that, I’m glad for you. I don’t.

Ivano is going to have his pedalbord now thanks to the help of Mr. Kevin Hatton.

Wish Emmons good luck for their future business.
This is just a story gone wrong. I know they made a lot of other people happy in their long story of selling PSG. And they probably will for the next years to come.

But they did wrong to a Client who already bought from them 3 PSG and gave them more than $ 10.000 since now,
Ivano, almost 3 years from now, was only asking for a simple explanation.
That’s all.
P.
Mike Bagwell

Post by Mike Bagwell »

So stop saying “I have been doing business with Emmons since 100 years and never got a problem....”

Sorry, I was just sharing my experience with the company, same as you.

Chris,

Do you only want negative comments about the company in your thread ?

Mike
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Sorry Mr. Mike,
maybe my English is not well understandable.
People who say "I have never got a problem since now" didn't get the point of the question.
Ivano always had a "no problem" treatment, ( but that was before Lashley junior).
We are not talking about Emmons in general, that we love, anyway.
We are only talking about this "Ivano" matter.

It means that is not that we only want negative posting about them.
Sorry, but you got it wrong.
If I might be so bold.
Shorty Smith

Post by Shorty Smith »

Thanks TB but you are full of SH''
Shorty Smith

Post by Shorty Smith »

TB, thats emmons you see, I bought in 1973, what a doll, it still outplays anything on the market and sound wonderful and I would not sell it for any amount of money, so you can keep your downgrading remarks to your self, by the way, you have a beautiful kitchen, Shorty
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

Anybody want a peanut butter 'n' jelly samwich>I'll throw in a couple emmones on the side.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I had a 71 D-10 PP (Black of course) that I bought new. I worked the Emmons Guitar Co booth that was at the first Fan Fair in Nashville (at the Munincipal Auditorium). I've also dealt with the company (Ron Lashley Sr) on a professional basis while working at Little Roy Wiggins Music City music store and it was 180 degrees from dealing with Ron Sr or the company as a picker or customer.

The Emmons PP guitar design (not the changer but other parts) set the defacto standard for the size and design of steels and my Franklin, Zums and many other brands were based on the basic cabinet design, keyhead and aluminum necks of the Emmons PP's.

Sadly, the Emmons guitar co of today is living on the past legend. It has long lost it's status as the number 1 selling guitar.
Al Miller

Tb

Post by Al Miller »

I have no business posting here but i have heard about one to many post from this tbhenry guy making remarks and reference toward kevin hatton :x ("just remember when you order your next emmons from the lashlys to place an order with kevin for a new pedal bar") WTF is that supposed to mean? :x tbhenry you are a piece of work. Any level headed person can plainly see that Emmons is playing screw screw with them fellers on this pedal board. you know it too. they thought they would be cute and not send the mans pedal board to inconvenience them . it was a I'll get you for posting on the forum thing plain and simple .. with friends like this fella who the heck needs enemys .. b0b you can close this one too as far as im concerned . boys keven has helped these guys out and alot of you have sent money to help and im proud to know that there are still some compasonate plp in this world but please dont give this rude guy a chalk board to post his insults on jeez!!!
sincerly
Boo Miller
AL (BOO) Miller
Mullen D10
76 Emmons P/P
2022 65 Emmons Resound P/P D10
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

I was re-reading the OP.

Something rings out.

Whoever sent the first piece of garbage to this "furriner" thought they'd just scam it out, and never hear about it.

Subsequent stuff was done at the barest minimum and with the victims percieved inability to do anything about it, being out of the country. Then maybe threatening them with "The Policia", or the "authorities".

They're probably right if they think that the Steel Guitar Forum won't make or break their business.

Most people that buy or order their guitars probably do so by accident. They're probably not set up to do that many orders a year. A carpenter can only build a house at a time. Even a good one.

Why knock yourself out in a failing industry taking great pains for people that are very demanding, when you can just ride it down, get what you can, and not hear back from them...

Character is what you do when nobody is looking, and how you treat somebody that you have nothing to gain by treating them well.

I myself could never figure out why Emmons and Sierra either one used that obviously poor wood grain formica when there was better looking stuff available.. Maybe it's a "MelMac" thing....

Oh well.

I'm bailing on this one.

Things of my own to deal with.

:)

EJL
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

The main thing I get out of all this is the fact that it is going to take a year or more to get a PSG from this company. Knowing this alone makes the serves and company integrity irrelevant to me because anything I can do without for a year I definitely don't need.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

mike b...we're talking about 2010 now and the lashley jr. and family era..not the past performance of the company. there seems to be some problem now unfortunately. i wish they would clear it up. i would welcome some positive comments from them.

boo.. if you think paolo is rude, you just don't get it. none of this seems to be his or ivano's fault. (once again, maybe the lashleys could clear this up) as for the pedalboard remark, kevin is just doing something nice to compensate for the company's inability to properly provide what was purchased...mr. henry's remark was just a joke about that and it's not up to you to close 'my' thread, but nice try.

danny...i can only shed big tears now that you have dropped me for eric, your new peanut butter lover!
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

Just my 2 cents worth.From a business standpoint - No company be it a guitar manufacturer or a sandwich maker or any other have any responsibility to make their records of complaints or service records public to anyone..You asked the question'Why havent we heard from them' ..They probably consider it none of your business.
WILCOX SD10 (love the white mica)
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
PARTS CASTER.Gospel and Classic Country Music
http://www.dbupholstery.yolasite.com
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Booooooooo Hooooooooooo Al!! Quite often peanut buttter gets smeared on my kitchen cabinets by my kids. But if I had an ugly looking brown mica emmons guitar it would also get smeared with peanut butter!!!!!!
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Booooooooooo, If you read my post you will see that I was complimenting Kevin for his helping Ivano. Why are you so oscene implying ugly sexual four letter words. Whats your problem. Do you also have an ugly brown mica guitar that you confuse with your kitchen cabinets????????
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Richard Damron

Post by Richard Damron »

Whatever happened to the original intent of this thread?

OH! I understand! This is the FORUM! It's the NORM!!!!!!!
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

Well I'm actually glad to see things get broken up a little bit with humor.

There's not a lot that will mend difficult situations quite like it.

These are difficult times for more than just me, a LOT of companies, and players.

I think we'll find that those with the least sense of humor end up having the hardest times.

We'll see how it all works out.

It's not like a tuning thread where five cents here or there REALLY MATTERS.....

Grrr......

;)

EJL
Richard Damron

Post by Richard Damron »

Eric -

With ears as old as mine, five cents here or there doesn't matter a bit.

Besides, it tends to be masked by the tinnitus, anyway.

What's that ya said, Sonny?

Respectfully,

Richard
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

Well I made a mistake and got some polygrip on my miracle ear once..

What gets me through the roughest days?

Depends....

;)

EJL
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Here is an update. Ivano's pedal rack was sent out today. 3-5 days to Italy then Customs.

I sent the package exactly to the address that Paolo gave me. This is all that I can do. I hope that he gets this okay.
Last edited by Kevin Hatton on 15 Jun 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivano Malavasi

Post by Ivano Malavasi »

Thanks Kevin,
I'll keep in touch :D
Ivano
b0b

Re: emmons co. vs ivano

Post by b0b »

chris ivey wrote:....i can't help it. this still bothers me. has the emmons co. ever offered any indication of their side of the story to anyone?
[...]
why did they send the first piece of junk steel?
why did they say they received the pedal rack and then said they didn't?
why did they respond rudely to the customer's inquiry?
why was there such a time delay and seemingly strange lack of communication?
Chris, your questions remind me of the old "When did you stop beating your wife?". You ask for their side of the story, but frame it in a presumption of guilt.

Regardless, the topic has drifted far from its original intent so I'm closing it now.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video