Montgomery, Alabama Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Rob Parker

Montgomery, Alabama Show

Post by Rob Parker »

Hello all,
I have just returned from the " Bama" Show. And I want all of you that couldn't, wouldn't,or didn't come to the show, let you know you missed a great display of talent. I will not try to name them all, as I would miss someone..but Mr Mark, Mr Mike and Miss Joanie Johnson, Mr Lynn Ousley, Mr Carco Clave,Mr Russ Hicks, and Mr Herby Wallace, and a host of others put on one great performance for the fans.
I wish to express my sincere thanks to Mr Bill Cook, and his wife, and the officers and staff and volunteers of their club ,for their work to bring to the fans such a great production.It takes lots of hard work,expense, time and effort,and diligent preparation to promote a show such as this.
My kudos to you all. And many thanks for allowing me to be a part of it.I enjoyed it so much, and look forward to coming again.
One other person I wish to recognize..Mr Cleatus Hopkins.He was up and down on the table top..with his trusty camera..getting the good shots..and hopping around like " Jimmy the Cricket ".I don't know how he does it..He makes me tired just watching him...but he cranks out great pictures, and DVD's..And Mr Ernie Cawby, and his crew has some great photos for all to enjoy.
Thanks again..and if you are out west, drop by the show in Tulsa this week-end..,and enjoy the show..
Peace and love to all of you...
RP...'come on in'...
Lynn Owsley

Alabama Steel Guitar Association Hall Of Fame Show

Post by Lynn Owsley »

Just as Rob Parker said, this was a great show. Bill Cook and all the members who helped to stage this show are to be congratulated. For me this was a wonderful weekend to get to come home to Alabama and to see and hear all the great Alabama talent. And it is also wonderful that many folks travel from far and wide, many states away,and share their talents with others who love the Steel Guitar as well.
The fellowship surounding the steel guitar, the players and people who love to listen is still amazing and pleasing to me after all these years and for that, I am truely grateful.
Thank you for the Hall Of Fame Award and for allowing me to be surounded by my Heros and Friends. I'm home in Nashville now and I'm still walking on air.
I will remember this as long as I have a memory.
Hope to see you all or Ya'll again soon.
"Hail ! Hail ! The Gangs All Here"
Visit my website at
www.LynnOwsley.com
With Stories, Pictures, CD's
Lynn Owsley

Alabama Steel Guitar Association Hall Of Fame Show

Post by Lynn Owsley »

Just as Rob Parker said, this was a great show. Bill Cook and all the members who helped to stage this show are to be congratulated. For me this was a wonderful weekend to get to come home to Alabama and to see and hear all the great Alabama talent. And it is also wonderful that many folks travel from far and wide, many states away,and share their talents with others who love the Steel Guitar as well.
The fellowship surounding the steel guitar, the players and people who love to listen is still amazing and pleasing to me after all these years and for that, I am truely grateful.
Thank you for the Hall Of Fame Award and for allowing me to be surounded by my Heros and Friends. I'm home in Nashville now and I'm still walking on air.
I will remember this as long as I have a memory.
Hope to see you all or Ya'll again soon.
"Hail ! Hail ! The Gangs All Here"
Visit my website at
www.LynnOwsley.com
With Stories, Pictures, CD's
Jack Goodson

hall of fame

Post by Jack Goodson »

lynn: i always enjoy working with you, i remember the days that you used to come to the vfw in columbus georgia. we would play until quiting time and then listen to steel guitar music on your bus until the wee hours of the morning. congrates on the hall of fame....thanks jack
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

congrats to Lynn on the hall of fame.

what a great weekend we had. i had fun working to help out with loadin and unloading equip. and bill even let me play on stage.

the jam friday night was a blast too. it was a nice addition to have two fiddle players on the show they just needed to play more. sounded great.

come on out next year to all those that missed it this year.
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

ROB-- Your description of the "BAMA" show is so much better than I could have done, but I just wanted to say you have echoed my sentiments exactly. Your work as MC and singing was the icing on the cake. Thanks for all you do for the steel guitar community and I look forward to being with you again soon.
Wendell
Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

Mr Rob is my all time favorite M.C. --sounds like a great show--congrats to all who made it happen - :)
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Sounds like everyone had a boat load of FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in Tulsa Rob.

Donna
Bill Cook

Alabama Show

Post by Bill Cook »

Thanks Rob for your very kind comments. You performed outstandly as MC and on your set as well. When Mr. Rob is the MC, you as the promoter have nothing to worry about as to the flow of the Show. Show was perfect. Lynn, Thank you very much also for playing the Show and being inducted into The Alabama Steel Guitar Association's Hall of Fame. Few people know that you performed Friday night in Sunset Kentucky, and drove all night to be with us Saturday morning. A true sign of a Professional, who wanted to come home to his people and play for them. Your HOF Award was much deserved. Mike Johnson Family & Friends, Russ Hicks, Herby and Carco Clave performances were flawless. The folks who weren't there missed a great Show. The local and regonial artist were also great. Thanks to all of you who helped make the Show Go. Thanks especially to Jeremy Drawbaugh who worked his tail off throughout the weekend. I know his back is still hurting for all the hard work he performed. Jeremy needs some more young folks to help next year. Most of us have gotten too old to do much except set! Again, Thank all who had a part in the Show.
Bill
Gordon Dodson

Post by Gordon Dodson »

I would like to thank Bill Cook and the Alabama Steel Guitar Association for the honor of receiving the Bill Simmons Horizon Award. That is something I will always be very proud of. Also, let me thank my 13 year old niece, Jean Kendall Dodson, for helping me out on my set. Jean Kendall sang and also played some awesome Don Helms style steel guitar. Congratulations to Lynn Owsley for being inducted into the Alabama Steel Guitar Hall of Fame. Go Lynn! Thanks to Jeremy Drawbaugh (2007 Horizon Award) for all of his work, and also to the great band.

Gordon Dodson
Ozark, Alabama
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

I hate I had to miss this year. I couldn't make it due to my Mothers illness. maybe next year. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I hate I had to miss my number one son play, any of of course Herby and Mike. I hate I missed all of Robs singing and Lynn'n induction. I guess there's a lot to hate about not going to the show. :|
Jack Conyer

Post by Jack Conyer »

May I add Rob, you did a fine job MC as useal my friend. congratulations Lynn on being inducted into the ASGHF and Jeremy (2010 Horizon Award)well deserved.
Bill, enjoyed the show thanks for encluding me on the show.
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

just to clarify i didnot win the horizon award. i won it in 2007 at the show we had in birmingham. this years winner was Gordon Dodson. Bill just had me on stage to help present the award as a previous winner.

CONGRADULATIONS TO GORDON! :D A VERY DESERVING PLAYER.

NOW I AM NOT OPPOSED TO WINNING IT AGAIN! LOL! JUST KIDDIN.

I JUST HOPE THAT IN SOME SMALL WAY I CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE STEEL GUITAR WORLD AS AN ALABAMA PLAYER.
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT