My parts arrived in spite of Tornado Alley!!!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Don Binkley

My parts arrived in spite of Tornado Alley!!!

Post by Don Binkley »

Here's the entire layout of parts from James for converting your single RKL bud into something that works! All 4 new levers with linkage to angle the LKL and also put all levers on the lower rear shelf where they should have been in the first place. Great job James and thanks Teresa for trying to keep all my orders straightened out. Don
Fender Champ, Gibson BR-9, Sho-Bud, MSA Classic
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

As the instructions said for all my children's Christmas gifts.........Some Assembly Required.

:lol:

Be sure to give us before and after pics.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Lee Baucum wrote:As the instructions said for all my children's Christmas gifts.........Some Assembly Required.

:lol:

Be sure to give us before and after pics.
Hey Lee, that's half the fun of it!! :D
Don Binkley

Post by Don Binkley »

Okay Lee, here are some pix of the linkage, notice the huge weld glob on the C pedal pull arm. The arm of the A pedal is kinda bent, all linkage is loose in spite of adjustments. I think I can add a shot of the single RKL - it's mounted too far towards the changer for me.

This guitar was purchased from a lady in her 70's who only hauled it to church on Sundays (all 54 lbs.) So at least it came without any cigarette burns on the shelf and no STP stickers either!!!! Don

I took these bottom shots for James Morehead for reference, when my battery charges, I will post some pix of the guitar from the front, it's real purdy.
Fender Champ, Gibson BR-9, Sho-Bud, MSA Classic
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Hey Don, Be sure to give us a few pics when you get the installation done. And thanx for the kind words and your buisness. :)
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Don - James did send you a layout sheet and step-by-step instructions with that pan-o-parts. Didn't he? :lol:

James - You're right. That is half the fun of it. That's what I kept telling myself, years ago, when I converted my push/pull S-12 Emmons from Extended E9 to a U-12, by adding 4 more pedals. Let's see now, Tab A goes into Slot B, but not until steps 1a through 3b have been completed, following 3 trips to the hardware store and 2 trips to the plumbing shop.... :\
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Lee Baucum wrote:

--------------following 3 trips to the hardware store and 2 trips to the plumbing shop.... :\
hey Lee, you got off easy, if you are still under 10 trips. :lol: