1984 ZumSteel Lacquer 8 and 8 Beautiful (Lowered Price)

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Johnny Howington

1984 ZumSteel Lacquer 8 and 8 Beautiful (Lowered Price)

Post by Johnny Howington »

For sale a beautiful 1984 ZumSteel with 8 pedals and 8 knee levers. This is a Lacquer guitar and is in excellent condition. Sounds and looks great. It has regular Emmons set-up as well. Price is $4300.00 on this gem of a steel guitar.
Last edited by Johnny Howington on 13 Jun 2010 6:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Allen Howington

Type-o

Post by Allen Howington »

Brother, I think you meant to say 8 floors and 9 knees, correct me if I'm wrong. Folks this is as close to a new looking and playing steel guitar as they come. It has been so well taken care of by its past owners that you would think it has been just setting in a closet. Don't pass this good deal up if you're looking for a ZUM! Allen Howington
Allen Howington

Bump

Bump for a beauty!
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Folks I just happened to be over at Allen's last Thursday night and heard that Johnny was going to sell this ZUM. I took the cover off of it and almost fainted. It was like a Ruby Slipper. I set it over by my amp and plugged it in. OMG!!!! My wife was there the whole time shaking her head NO!!! Due to some pretty poor circumstances I am just not able to buy this guitar right now.....and that's the only reason I couldn't bring it home with me. Whoever gets this ZUM will never look back with regrets (even if he winds up with a skillet knot on his head :D ) Your picture did not turn out Johnny and if you need me too I will come out and shoot a picture of this guitar. One just sold that was a gold quilted finish....I assure you this one, to me is even more impressive, and as I said....you will not complain about the tone or the ease of playing on this guitar.

Ray Walker
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

W0W ! :mrgreen:
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

up
Allen Howington

Zum

Don't wait and be sorry you missed out, have you seen very many of these lacquer Zum's in this condition? Money in the bank for someone in the future.
J PARKER

Guitar

Post by J PARKER »

Bump for a good guy to do business with. Man its pretty.
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

What a beauty!!!!

" If I were a rich man............"

Allen Howington

What a deal

What a guitar, don't miss out on this one!
Allen Howington

Bump

Bump it up!
Johnny Howington

Bump

Have had several private messages about trades but I need to sell this one and one more! Thanks for all the comments and interests. Hope someone is looking for GREAT ZUMSTEEL!!
TTT
Allen Howington

Zum

Come on and buy this beauty before I'm tempted myself.
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Post by Michael T. Hermsmeyer »

(DROOL!!!)

I would if I could!!!!!!! Wow!!!
Currently retired from performing music in Branson, MO
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

www.onemancountryshow.com

www.facebook.com/utilityman2000
Johnny Howington

ttt
Johnny Howington

gonna try for a little while longer

ttt
Chuck Snider

Post by Chuck Snider »

Bump for a great guy and a super guitar. Johnny takes exceptional care of his intstruments and they ALWAYS look, sound, and play top shelf!!! Allen, won't Johnny give you a brother's price on this one?
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.
Joseph Barcus

Post by Joseph Barcus »

I sure would love to have this one but would have to get rid of the one I have first unless some rich uncle dies lol well one that liked me.
Allen Howington

Chuck

Chuck, if I had the money it would never had been posted, it would have been mine. This is such a nice guitar, and lacquer also. Maybe I could sell my 1993 Nissan truck (242K miles)and my 1990 Craftsman riding mover (3 flat tires & won't start), maybe my brother loves me enough to forget about the difference! Just kiddin', someone is going to get an outstanding Zum steel guitar, now who is it going to be---maybe you if you hurry!
Larry Sewell

Post by Larry Sewell »

Johnny,
Did the guitar you have for sale come from Zum as pictured?
Obviously, the color is a red, but is it a certain red and does the texture have a certain name.
It certainly is beautiful.

Thanks,

Larry Sewell
Johnny Howington

The Zum is from the factory as I know it.
I am also putting a LeGrande 11 on the forum in case someone would like to have it rather than the Zum. Pictures will be coming soon!!

ttt
Johnny Howington

pictures of LaGrande 11 are now posted. First one that sells I will keep the other. Nows your chance and 2 great guitars. You will not be disappointed in either one of these guitars if your looking for a great sound and look.

ttt
Johnny Howington

I have lowered the price to $4300.00 because this is what I have in the guitar. You pay for freight! This is bottom dollar on guitar and I will sell to first one that sends me a check. Thanks to all who have inquired about guitar up to this point. I will keep it before I lose money on it! It's too nice of a steel guitar!
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Hard to believe that is an'84 guitar. It looks like it left the factory yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous. If I only had the $$.

Anyway, bump this up to keep it alive.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Johnny, is this the guitar that was bought new by Bob Delaloye? If so it's a dandy. Joan has coveted this guitar for years. Would you take an unborn grandchild for it. LOL, wish I could buy it but in this economy $4,300 is out of my range.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.