Nick Bowman

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Skip Cole

Nick Bowman

Post by Skip Cole »

Nicky Wayne Bowman, Sr , 56 , Passed away April 27, 2010 , Forest Hill East Funeral Home 910-382-1000
has charge.
This is all that was in the obits of the Commercial Appeal , Memphis , TN. today .
May God be with his family and friends to comfort them.
Nick was a very gifted musician ; steel guitar , keyboard , and vocalist. A few years back he made and distributed rytham (sp?) tracks on the Forum and for us in the steel club.

Skip
ESnow

Nick Bowman

Post by ESnow »

More sad news. Nick and his wife have been coming to see the show I'm at for the last few years and he sent me an email last Jan. This is it :
(I haven't emailed in a while because I found out after getting back to Memphis after seeing you in September that I have Stage 4 colon cancer. I had surgery on October the 28th and Have had 3 Kemo treatments. Everything looking good so far. I want to tell you again how much my wife and I enjoyed the show back in September and that we are looking forward to making the same trip sometime this year. Have a good one.)
I just got this email from Nick's wife tonight:
Eddie, this is Sheila, Nick's wife...I got on his email to let you know that I lost him Tuesday, April 27. We are having his funeral this Saturday at 10 AM. He had to have another surgery because his small intestines blocked. The surgery went well but when he was in recovery, they pulled out the breathing tube and Nick aspirated and it was the acid in his stomach that went to his lungs and caused a chemical burn to his lungs. He passed away about 6 hours after his lungs were burned. Nick and I were planning on coming up in September to see you guys. Anyway, please pray for me that I can make it through this....we would have been married 31 years May 4, next Tuesday. He also had a new grandson that was born on 4/22 that he never got to see. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with so please remember to keep me and the rest of his family in your prayers.

I know Nick would appreciate any prayers for his wife and family. He was another really nice guy and I always looked forward to seeing him and visiting with him. Another great guy taken way to young. RIP Nick
ESnow
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

Eddie ,
Thanks for sharing the messages. I haven't seen Nick in several years but i had heard recently that he was having serious health issues. May God comfort the family during their grief.

Skip
Randy Gilliam

Prayers Sent For Nicks Family!

Post by Randy Gilliam »

Prayers Sent For Nicks Family, God Bless all of you, Randy Gilliam.