Illinois: Big River Steel Guitar Jam

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Thomas Pickett

Post by Thomas Pickett »

just three days till show time at the e. moline legion. some great steel guitar and just good country music by some great musicians playing what they like to play just good country music see ya saturday noon till? the one and only russ wever will be here directly from branson mo. where he is with a great family show at a theater there and the most talented dale thomas and many more great players see ya there :D
thomas pickett sr.started playing drums in country bands in 1957
Chuck Thompson

Post by Chuck Thompson »

Getting closer. I cant wait to see all these great players and friends i dont see very often and also the chance to meet some new people too. Im looking forward to meeting Russ Wever Tim Kowalski Ron Peterson. And I cant wait to see what kind of beautiful Sho-Bud James will be Picking on. Come on out on the 24th folks!
rpetersen

Post by rpetersen »

Chuck - I was looking forward to meeting you too!
But - I called Tommy Picket last night and had to bow out of the show - My Brother passed away yesterday afternoon and I will be helping with that along with his 2 daughters who live quite aways away.
I was really looking forward to this weekend, now I might miss it all. Say Hi to everyone for me........Ron
Ron Petersen
Chuck Thompson

Post by Chuck Thompson »

Ron, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
Rose Peters

Post by Rose Peters »

We will miss you
sorry about your loss
Johnny and Rose
Mullen u-12
Peavy Piggyback amp
Tom Pickett Jr

show

Post by Tom Pickett Jr »

sorry ron for your loss :cry:
you were one of the first ones to contact me
when i said we might be doing something, take care of those around you, again thanks and will talk to ya soon............
Tom Pickett Jr

up date

Post by Tom Pickett Jr »

hey all you bobby fredricks fans, and you know who you are. ( i am ) bobby will be kicking off the show this year, noon sharp!!! well? noon 440 anyhow. :lol: :lol:

please tell some one at work, call a friend, bring a friend, pick up a hitchhiker but lets keep steel guitars alive and well. :eek: :eek:

i have to go know chuck says i better pick out some tunes to play
Rose Peters

Post by Rose Peters »

The big day is here
SHOW TIME
The guys and wives have done a great job putting this show together
come and injoy all the talent
Mullen u-12
Peavy Piggyback amp
Rose Peters

Post by Rose Peters »

ENJOY enjoy
Mullen u-12
Peavy Piggyback amp
Bob Frederick

Show

Post by Bob Frederick »

Had a great time at the show today. Everyone did a great job entertaining everyone. Excellent steel players. Great compliments to the people who put it on and a job well done by Mr Russ Weaver. I really enjoyed listening to his set. Well executed.

Hats off to the backup band. They made everyone sound great.

Bob
Rose Peters

Post by Rose Peters »

This was a great show
Russ Wever was great as always one of the nicest people as seem to be the case among steel players.
Hope to see it even bigger next year.
Great job guys
The Roadie
Mullen u-12
Peavy Piggyback amp
Thomas Pickett

Post by Thomas Pickett »

a great time and a great gathering of steel guitar players as well as a great turnout of steel guitar supporters from as far away kansas city to wis. to hear some great steel players. a big thank you to all who helped in making it a successfull event.comments on the event where all positive from the listeners on sound and the great backup musicians for all the players.great job guys.as always great to see and hear russ wever do a great set as well as dale thomas on his. they finished up the nite sharing the stage with some great tunes they could twin on great show guys :D
thomas pickett sr.started playing drums in country bands in 1957
Chuck Thompson

Post by Chuck Thompson »

Mega kudos and applause to the Pickett family and friends who put on a great event. I was honored to be part of the show and had the best seat in the house to watch Russ Wever and Dale Thomas. It was a mind blowing experience to say the least. The audience was great and I very much enjoyed Bob's, Dale Steigers', Johnny's, Dean's, James' and Tom Jr.'s sets. Great guys and great pickers! Jerome, Tom Sr, Tom Jr, Pete, and Tom H were a blast to work with in the back up band. The steel guitar community of players and supporters is a special family. I'm already excited about seeing next year's show!
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

Tom and Tommy, I'm sorry I couldn't be there, but it sounds as if the show went great. Well I'm proud to hear that, and I'm sure Dale and Russ wasn't sparing the tough stuff. One day when I grow up....... ! I wish you the best and hopefully next year, I'll get down there.
Tom Pickett Jr

show

Post by Tom Pickett Jr »

hey roger, good to hear from you.
this year wasnt planed, it just kinda formed,
james morehead was coming to our 50th cma anniversary
on monday nite and thought well if he's coming all this way lets git a jam together. well one thing lead to another and the local steel players thought what the hell lets do a lil show for the people.
and so we did.........the crowd was great, met some new players and found two new kids who want to learn so im saying it was a succsess. everyone did great,
chuck t. knocked everybody out with his set,
and of course the boss and russ what can i say
i just love'em both.......thanks to EVERYBODY :eek:
see ya in st.louis my friends