Any interest in an Atascadero, CA jam session/seminar?

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Scott Shewbridge

Post by Scott Shewbridge »

I'm in. Keep me posted.
David Wren

Post by David Wren »

Wow, If Frank's in.... that seals the deal :) Hey, there's another steeler who could give a C6 lesson.. or 2.

Hey Paul S. .... another steeler in P-ville.. I'm anstonished.. yet jubilant... let's get together one of these days!!!

Guess we're just waiting for JD to weigh in :)
Dave Wren
'96 Carter U12,7X7; 1936 7 string National; Line 6 HX Stomp; Quilter TT-15/TB202; Quilter "Steelaire"; DV Mark "GH 250"with 15" 1501 BW; Boss "Katana" 100 Head w/Line 6 Cab; Telonics VP.
Patrick Hattic

Atascadero jam

Post by Patrick Hattic »

Yes, you can count me as being there.
Billy McCombs

Post by Billy McCombs »

TTT
78 Emmons PP,Great tone.82 Emmons SKH #56
Brion Toland

Post by Brion Toland »

Hey John... this sounds like a fantastic idea. I would definitely be interested in going. As for a seminar and lessons that would be terrific. I would probably consider myself an intermediate player always looking for tips and help with theory. Keep me posted if dates occur as I always get your emails.
Walker Pac A Seat, Lexicon, EMCI
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

We've hit a small snag with the venue we had in mind, but are researching alternate places. Thanks for your interest, everyone, stand by by while we keep the wheels turning.

Brion, how's that new Webb sounding to you? I really dug it on the stage of the Cowboy Palace.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Brion Toland

Post by Brion Toland »

The amp is working out great! Now I just need to improve my playing. Glad you enjoyed it, keep me posted on the jam!!!
Walker Pac A Seat, Lexicon, EMCI
Danny Naccarato

Post by Danny Naccarato »

Have you thought about the Vets Hall on Grand in SLO (lots of nearby hotels)? Or perhaps the Santa Maria Elks? Also, the Community Center here in Avila Beach would work, and reasonably. Food/lodging nearby. There's also a Portugese Hall in Arroyo Grande. Atascadero is pretty slim pickins :)

Not sure what kind of venues you are looking for, but drop me a note and perhaps I can lend a hand.

Danny
Billy McCombs

Post by Billy McCombs »

Whats going on? Got any info. :D TTT
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

We're following up on the good leads from Danny, our place fell through. For a jam session the place has to be free or very near it. Stay tuned, sorry this is an all day sucker.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

I think I might have to attend this one if my schedule permits.

Hey John, Long time , no see. Good luck getting this together. Miss the old get togethers in the old days.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Tom Wolverton

Post by Tom Wolverton »

There's also the "Odd Fellows Hall" in SLO. I'd make the trip up, if I can. But all I got is a D8 Stringmaster.
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
Gary Walker

Post by Gary Walker »

There's the Grange just down 41 in Morro Bay. They may be open to rent. Could be possible.
Billy McCombs

Post by Billy McCombs »

Bump TTT
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

NEWS ABOUT AN E9 WORKSHOP IN THE BAY AREA

This may be of interest to those who have patiently been waiting for an Atascadero steel guitar event. That event is stuck in the mud for now.

But if you can make it to San Leandro for an all day seminar on April 25, 2010, be sure and contact me.

Full details at this thread in Events & Announcements:
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=181090

I'll also have available some recommendations for local reasonably priced motels, for Central Coasters it's a bit of a drive and you might prefer to come the day before, and be fresh for the 9:00 a.m. start time.

All best,

Professor Twang

Please feel free to email me for questions and info, there's plenty of room for more participants, and it's going to be a great yet fun workshop.
E9 INSTRUCTION
Tom Bradshaw

John McClung's Instructional Classes/Seminars

Post by Tom Bradshaw »

I don't know how many have had the occasion to either audit or be a student of John McClung. He is on his way to being the second coming of Jeff Newman. OK, he isn't yet, but that's his goal and he couldn't strive for a higher role model to emulate. For whatever my word is worth, I strongly recommend that all budding steel players (novices, moderate, advanced and professionals) give him the opportunity by taking just one of his classes. I predict that you will be back for more, since this fellow is quite a talent.

If you disagree with my prediction after just one of his instructional seminars, let me know and I'll send you a new set of rubber feet for your steel (since it will be apparent that your steel was atilt and your pedals were hitting to floor as he was trying to teach you!).

...Tom
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Tom, you have such a way with words! :lol:

Thanks for your kind words, my friend.
E9 INSTRUCTION