No sound from biab with windows 7

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Mark Wayne

No sound from biab with windows 7

Post by Mark Wayne »

I just installed windows 7 and got my adobe audition 3.0 goin, but have tried every setting under the sun but still can't get sound from biab. Biab does play and there's sound that registers on the levels, but no sound from the speakers- however, I get sound when I play a song from audition - but not from biab so I believe I've isolated the problem to biab.  I have a Presonus unit for my interface which acts as my soundcard. 

Any advice would help.
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

My advice would be to never upgrade Windows. Every time I do half my software stops running. Music programs are particularly susceptible to changes in the operating system. :(
Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

I need that advice Alan. Thanks. I'm going to send my Dell XP back East for the summer and buy a new one when I come back in the fall. Looks like I make certain it has XP, or at least a dual OS.
heavily medicated for your safety
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Ken, that has happened to me, in XP. Something in the audio properties had reset itself, resulting in no sound from BIAB, but other programs worked ok. Go there and play with the buttons and see what you come up with.
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Have you tried to reinstall the sound card drivers?
Mark Wayne

Post by Mark Wayne »

Andy, I just installed a new driver for the sound card. However I discovered that the real tracks and real drums do have sound but anything midi doesn't have sound. The levels all show signal and nothing is muted. I do get the notice that something else is using the midi output driver but I checked everything and am not running any other programs. Help!
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Sounds like the "SW Synth" volume is turned down in the volume control. Double click on the speaker icon down by the clock in the taskbar, if the icon isn't there then go to start/all programs/accessories/entertainment and click on volume control.
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

I once had a similar problem where the sound was off but in the Windows Control Panel/Sound and Audio Devices everything was set right. What it turned out to be was an audio program that I rarely ran, but in which the sound was muted, and it remained muted with every other sound program I ran, even though Windows told me it wasn't muted. :\
Mark Wayne

Post by Mark Wayne »

Thanks for all the replies guys. In windows 7 there are several options in the "Sound" catagory for output. I had the wrong output selected :). They have a little different way of doing things compared to xp.