Jimmy Day - Smoke, Smoke, Smoke That Cigaretta

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Ferguson

Jimmy Day - Smoke, Smoke, Smoke That Cigaretta

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Here's a clip of the late Jimmy Day and also the late Bobby Caldwell on a great old favorite, jazzed up by Jimmy.

This is from the 1997 International Steel Guitar Convention.

For more clips, go to: www.youtube.com/steelpicker

Enjoy,
Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSVjMRxxb-M
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
John H. McGlothlin

Post by John H. McGlothlin »

Thank ya Bill, I really enjoyed that performance buy two of the greats...everyone on that stage deserves credit for being the worlds top musicians. Thanks again.
Marlen SD 10 3 and 5,Fender 5 String Banjo, Flinthill 5 string banjo,Johnson Resonator Guitar, Ibanez AFS75T Country/Jazz Guitar.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Time for a bump for the weekend.
Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

I think that's the best clip of Jimmy that I've ever seen.
Is there any way you could get permission to post something by Curly Chalker ?
Just remember,
You don�t stop playing cause you get older,
You get older cause you stop playing ! http://www.myspace.com/johnpphillips
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Thanks Bill. Jimmy could smoke the strings for sure ! Bobby's guitar playing is great too !

Tony
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

See my post under "What do you want to hear"

I am posting a list of players that I do NOT have or have not been able to obtain permission to post videos.

Bill
John L. Farrell

Post by John L. Farrell »

Thanks Bill. I enjoy listening to any of the videos you post. Especially those with BC on them. John
Don Euton

Post by Don Euton »

This is one of the best and clearest videos, of the Great Jimmy Day, that I have seen in a while. All of these Great players, looked like they were having more fun than the law allows. I bet the stage was beginning to smoke when they shut it down!

Thanks very much for the chip, Bill Ferguson!