Question about You-Tube

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Ray Thomas

Question about You-Tube

Post by Ray Thomas »

I just purchased a new lap top for Christmas. HP, top end model. On you tube videos it will pause several times during the song, sometimes one or two seconds and sometimes longer. A few will go all the way thru the video with out a pause. Do I have a computer problem or is that just the way it is. The computer is fine other wise. Any help appreciated????
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Hi Ray, a big part is how fast your INTERNET connection is. A broadband is gonna be lots faster than a dial up for sure. My laptop is connected to a high speed connection through a router and I have no problems with YouTube videos. Every now and then a video will pause but not very often. You can pause the video and let it load all the way and then hit the play to watch it uninterrupted.
Ray Thomas

You Tube Pause

Post by Ray Thomas »

Thanks Andy, will look into this, I goofed, this question should have went to the computer section.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

speed is based on two things: how fast is your connection, and how fast is the server that is sending the info. Best thing to do is just put is on pause at the beginning until it has a chance to stream on to your computer, then play it.
Alan Kirk

Post by Alan Kirk »

Pause until loaded, then play.
Everyone in the world has two jobs: 1) whatever they do for a living; and 2) music critic.
John Walls

you tube

Post by John Walls »

Ray
I have a HP also, when it downloads slow, to the right of the youtube volume slider there's sometimes a drop down that has 480p and 360p, click on the 360p hope this helps John.