OHIO - Hummingbird to host steel jam in April.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Sherry Kauffman

OHIO - Hummingbird to host steel jam in April.

Post by Sherry Kauffman »

Sugarcreek, OH – Hummingbird Music Studio of Sugarcreek, Ohio will be hosting, for the public, a steel guitar jam Sunday, April 11 at Kickin' Kountry, Bolivar, Ohio. Located from exit 93 off I-77, east on 212 approximately one (1) mile on the left beside the Giant Eagle Store. (Kickin' Kountry is a smoke free environment).

The doors will open at 12:00. The jam from 1:00 to 7:00 PM.

All steel players, back up musicians and vocalist are welcome.

Amplifiers will be provided, but you may bring your own if you prefer.

Refreshments furnished by Kickin' Kountry.

Donation at the door, $5.00.

The public is welcome.

The steel guitar jam will be leading up to the Hummingbird Music Studio's, Celebration 2010 Steel Guitar Show for April 23,24,25 at the Atwood Lake Resort located at 2650 Lodge Road, Sherrodsville, OH 44675. PH: 888-819-8042; 330-735-2211; www.atwoodlakeresort.com.

Mention the name of the show for room rate.

The resort is located twenty-five miles southeast of Canton, with close access to I-77. Approximate one and one half hours from Cleveland and two hours from Columbus.

Tickets will go on sale, Monday, March 1, 2010. Advanced three (3) day tickets, $45.00. The final day for advanced three-day tickets, Friday, April 16.

Single and thee day tickets at the door: Friday, April 23, $15.00; Saturday, April 24, $25.00; Sunday, April 25, $20.00.

Three (3) day package, $50.00.

Children age 10 and under, FREE.

Purchase selections: Master Card, Visa (or) by sending a check or money order with a stamped/ addressed envelope to Hummingbird Music Studio, POB 325, 133, Frederick Drive, Sugarcreek, OH 44681.

Tickets may also be purchased at the door.

All ticket sales are final.

To date, players scheduled to perform is: Hall of Fame Member, Herby Wallace of Sevierville, Tennessee - Performances with Donna Fargo, LeRoy Van Dyke, Alabama, International Steel Guitar Convention; Terry Crisp of Mount Juliet, Tennessee, performances with, Reba McEntire, Ricky Skaggs, Joe Nichols, Travis Tritt, CMA Instrumental Group of the Year, ACMA Touring Group of the year; Mike Sigler, Rushville, Ohio, performances with, Lynn Anderson, Ray Pillow, Margo Smith, Holly Dunn, Grand Ole Opry, The Ryman Auditorium, Ohio Valley Opry, The Ernest Tubb Midnite Jamboree, International Steel Guitar Convention; Russ Hicks, Nashville, Tennessee- performances with Connie Smith, Ray Price,Charlie McCoy and Kitty Well at 'The Barn', Hee Haw; Kayton Roberts, Greenbrier, Tennessee - performances with Hank Snow, Randy Travis, Hank Williams III, Riders In The Sky, Jimmie Dale; and Chuck Campbell of Manassas, Virginia - performances with Mel Street, Claude Gray, Norvel Felts, Stan Hitchock, Whitney Shaffer, Wynn Stewart. (The credits are only a few of the many for each player).

(Schedule is subject to change without notice.)

A complete listing of performers and performance times will be printed in the program book.

For further information, contact the Hummingbird Music Studio at 330-852-2841; 800-361-1770; www.hummingbirdmusicstudio.com.

The public is welcome.

Thank You.
Last edited by Sherry Kauffman on 8 Mar 2010 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Ruby & I will be there, cant wait to see to everyone. We have made our reservations for April.
Looks like a great line up!!!
Don Burrows
Builder of BSG Steel Guitars
GaryL

Hummingbird Jam

Post by GaryL »

To the top please.
Jim Thompson

Post by Jim Thompson »

Hope to see you all there Sunday.
Zum U-12 8&6, Emmons p/p SD12U, Dekley U12, Session 2000, Peavey Session 115, Nashville 112.Tubefex/Stewart1000 Pro, Jagwire strings.
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

Thanks for the Post Sherry!
Tamara James

to the top

Post by Tamara James »

<bump>
Tamara James

to the top

Post by Tamara James »

<bump>
James Jacoby

Post by James Jacoby »

I want to thank everyone at the steel jam for the outpouring show of love, for my Claudia! I showed her the cards, and video, that night, at the hospital! She continues to improve, and may even come home, next week! A special thank you, for Tamara James for donating her door prize, (A big green rabbit and a bunch of other St Patric's day goodies) to Claudia! I have a picture of Claudia and the rabbit package, at the hospital, later that night, that I hope to post, if I can find out how to do it! Thanks again, folks, and I have my fingers crossed, that I can bring her to the next jam! :D
-Jake Jacoby-
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

<bump>
GaryL

Hummingbird April Jam

Post by GaryL »

Rick,

Hope to see you in April.
To the top please.
GaryL

Hummingbird Jam

Post by GaryL »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

<bump>
GaryL

Hummingbird April Jam

Post by GaryL »

To the top please.
GaryL

Hummingbird April Jam

Post by GaryL »

To the top please.
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

Hope to see everyone at the Jam tomorrow,April 11! Always a great time of fellowship and music .

It's the last one before the "BIG" show April 23,24 and 25. We'll have lot's of door prizes including a couple tickets for the Celebration! If you don't win, don't worry advanced tickets are still available. Rick