Russ Hick"s Pride and Joy!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bob Cox

Russ Hick"s Pride and Joy!

Post by Bob Cox »

I got to give a listen to Russ Hick's new produced CD of his daughter "Hollie" this weekend at the Wheeling Jamboree . Absolutely incredible.Russ produced this album and her vocals will rival any female singer in the industry.I hope we can get him to post a small clip of one of the cuts .The choice of steel and guitar parts are absolutely perfectly placed. Russ also playes the trumpet and dobro on the CD.I especially liked "Killing me softly".

Russ played a great set at the Wheeling Jamboree this weekend, along with everyone at the show.Had a great time.
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Russ doesn't miss very often. Every show that I've seen him play has been great, besides that, he is a pretty gud ol boy.
I look forward to getting a copy in Dallas.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

I still find it hard to believe he is not in the SGHOF..Talk about overdue :? !!!
Ron Elliott

2-22-10

Post by Ron Elliott »

AMEN, Joe
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

He owes me money
Robert Brown

Post by Robert Brown »

Bob,I was at the Wheeling show. I got to renew my friendship with Russ,bought a bunch of his cd's that I didn't have. Thanks for the discount,Russ. Russ's set was killer!.He sure brought his "a" GAME. Danny Hullehen did a super set also. His bass player did an awsome job on Patsy Cline's He's got you. Finally got to shake and howdy with Chuck Campbell. He did a great job on that pretty red ZUM.Don't turn your back on it Chuck or it's mine LOL. :lol: Met a super picker from Pittsburgh, His name is Pete Freeman. He had a killer tone on a very pretty Carter D-10. Did a really good set,then did a great pickup set with Lois Scott and The BAILERS.Her daddy WWVA legend Ramblin' ROY SCOTT did a special guest shot,and was great.Special thanks to Jim Thompson for a great show.Also seen Tammy James there.Bob
Zum D10 8x6 w/Alumitone's,Fender D8,Regal Dobro,Fender twin reverb, Peavey nashville 112,Hilton pedal,Peterson Strobo-flip,BJS&Zirc Bars,George L's cables
Robert Brown

Post by Robert Brown »

Bob,I was at the Wheeling show. I got to renew my friendship with Russ,bought a bunch of his cd's that I didn't have. Thanks for the discount,Russ. Russ's set was killer!.He sure brought his "a" GAME. Danny Hullehen did a super set also. His bass player did an awsome job on Patsy Cline's He's got you. Finally got to shake and howdy with Chuck Campbell. He did a great job on that pretty red ZUM.Don't turn your back on it Chuck or it's mine LOL. :lol: Met a super picker from Pittsburgh, His name is Pete Freeman. He had a killer tone on a very pretty Carter D-10. Did a really good set,then did a great pickup set with Lois Scott and The BAILERS.Her daddy WWVA legend Ramblin' ROY SCOTT did a special guest shot,and was great.Special thanks to Jim Thompson for a great show.Also seen Tammy James there.Bob
Zum D10 8x6 w/Alumitone's,Fender D8,Regal Dobro,Fender twin reverb, Peavey nashville 112,Hilton pedal,Peterson Strobo-flip,BJS&Zirc Bars,George L's cables
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

What Ron said. Jody.
Ernest Cawby

Russ Give a Discount ?????

Post by Ernest Cawby »

I bought every CD he had in St Louie where was my discount. JUST KIDDING RUSS, Russ is one of the greatest guys I know love you dearly, and Chuck sure have mmissed seeing you. Have not seen you since Saluda ???

ernie
Walter Bowden

Post by Walter Bowden »

Does anyone know if Russ still likes to drive an Eldorado?
Emmons S10, p/p, Nashville 112, Zion 50 tele style guitar, Gibson LP Classic w/Vox AC30, Fender Deluxe De Ville and a Rawdon-Hall classical
Pat Coyne

Post by Pat Coyne »

after consulting with the treasurer, royce morgan....the "russ hicks SGHOF fund" has a grand total of $39.93. We may have to sell some T shirts.
Tom Pickett Jr

hof

Post by Tom Pickett Jr »

i dont think russ needs another plaque on the wall to know he is one of the most respected steel players of all time. ive sat in his basement and heard some of the most awsome playing;when he jumped up out of the seat to feed some needy criters.
i know first that russ has most of his ducks in a row :lol: :lol:

tommy,
Pat Coyne

Post by Pat Coyne »

My wife is a big fan of his....but he don't do quack for me.
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

don't loan him money