Northwest Georgia Steel Guitar Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

John Floyd

Only about a week away

Post by John Floyd »

Nobody has volunteered to watch Stowers and make sure he doesn't hurt himself doing all those "MODERN" dances. :roll: Well at least they are modern for him. :lol:
This is just another Sneaky way to bump this back up to the top. ;-)
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Dear Mr. Floyd,
Thank you for your concern for the well being of Mr. Stowers. Please rest assured that every effort will be made to protect him from bodily harm, both from others and himself. We will have both plain clothed and uniformed officers in place to insure his personal safety. We also thank Mr. Crawford for allowing us to use his connection to the Forum to inform Mr. Stowers' friends of the protection being afforded him, while maintaining the anonymity of our enforcement agency.
Warmest Regards,
Bubba
Wayne Stowers

Post by Wayne Stowers »

HUH ????
Ronnie Tibbitts

Post by Ronnie Tibbitts »

Super Bowl Sunday and then Shriners Hospital Steel Day in Atlanta. Watch out, here it comes!!
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

Wayne Stowers Wrote
HUH ????
I think that means Bubba will be watching you. :whoa:
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

It's fun to bump this to the top with some good hearted pokes at our friends, but let's not lose sight of what this is all about. Everyone involved with this show backs Jerry and the Shriners 110% in their love and support of the Children's Hospital. We're fortunate that Jerry has chosen to do this through his love of music, and especially steel guitar. Thanks, Jerry, for letting us be a part of this.
Wayne Stowers

Post by Wayne Stowers »

Amen, Roger. The caliber of players cannot be topped.
This is especially true when they offer the support they do. This show has really grown and I feel it will continue to do so. I'm proud to be just a little part of it.I will , however give you a hard time at the drop of MY hat.
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

We have finialized everything and put it in place. The feeling of have I left anything out has set in. We do know this show is one of the best shows we have been involved with. We have some players involved this time that have never played our show before. It is exciting to know how much good music will happen in six days. On a sad note Hank Corwin will be unable to be with us due to a mishap on his part. Seems Hank likes to fall out of truck while they are parked. The good news is he was not hurt bad although he did hurt his left hand which make it impossible to play for a few weeks. Hank called me a told me the story but then I talked to Corky and I enjoyed his story better. In both stories Hank ended up hurting his left hand. I really hate that Hank hurt himself and can not be with us. Hank and I work many shows together over the years and I was looking forward to a long visit with he and Corky. Maybe we can keep Hank out of trucks next year and he can be a part of our next show.
We did fine a talented player to fill Hanks spot. Many of you I'm sure have heard this young man play if you have ever been to Dollywood or any of the shows in Peigon Forge area. Larry Stewart will bring his talent to the Atlanta area for a day to help us raise money to support the Shriners Hospital for Children. I'm looking forward to a good crowd. I thank all who are involved with this show.

Keep in mind why we do this
We play so they can walk

Thanks
Jerry
Frank Speights

Post by Frank Speights »

Back to the top!

Unless something changes between now and Sunday, I will not be able to come to the show. I found out that the work weekend at the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation was changed from the 6th and 7th of February to the 13th and 14th of February. If I want to be able to bid to go to ride event or other show I must be at the hangar on Sunday the 14th of Feb. I hope that everyone has a good time. Just to let everyone know, the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation will be conducting Huey Rides on 4, 5 and 6 March at the Clayton County Airport adjacent to the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton as a part of race weekend in Atlanta.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

What time is the show starting? I can;t seem to find a start time anywhere in the post1
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Ken...

February 14, 2010

Entrance Fee is a $10.00 Donation

Music starts at 10 am and continues to 6 pm

There will be great music, fun, fellowship and food

Yaarab Shrine Center Ballroom

400 Ponce de Leon Avenue

Atlanta, Georgia

All donations go to the Shriners Hospitals for Children

WE PLAY SO THEY CAN WALK
Wayne Stowers

Post by Wayne Stowers »

I'm sittin' here, with a cup o' coffee, watchin' it snow. I'm wishin' I was apickin' ! ! !
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

I sure had my plans to make this show but the 7 inches of snow kinda stopped me from comming. Hoping i can make the next one guys. Jim
Austin Tripp

Post by Austin Tripp »

Well I will take care of Mr. Stowers, I won't let him get into "too" much trouble, as long as he backs me up at the June show hehe.
"Hotrod"
Steel guitarist for Cody Jinks
Member CMA
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Yes, it is snowing. The good thing is it's suppose to be warm tomorrow. Acording to the weather channel the sun is suppose to shine tomorrow and turn off nice. As long as the road are clear that's all that matters we will not be outside anyway. I'm still looking for a good show. We will have hot coffee, home made soup, chili and great music, what else could you ask for.

The snow is going away.

Jerry
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Looks like the weather took a turn for the worse! We have canceled our room reservations this morning. If he roads clear we still may try to drive to early Sunday morning.
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Jerry,

I'll take triple portions on the veg. suop and cornread.

See ya'll tomorrow morning!
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

i assume that the show is still on after all the snow. i am currently in newnan visiting family and plan on making the trip up to atlanta.
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Ronnie Tibbitts

Post by Ronnie Tibbitts »

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I have just spoken to Jerry, who is at the Temple setting up for tomorrow. It appears that all the major interstates and roads in Atlanta are passable and with the sun shinnng here, YES, WE ARE STILL HAVING THE SHOW AT THE YAARAB SHRINE TEMPLE TOMORROW.

If you have any questions or seek information, please call Jerry or me and we will try to assist you. My cell is 404-403-9962.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the Temple tomorrow. PLESAE BE CAREFUL COMING IN TOMORROW MORNING!! The roads will surely be slick early, so take your time an come enjoy the show.

See you tomorrow.

Ronnie
Wayne Stowers

Post by Wayne Stowers »

I'm gonna try to get there before Cunningham. If I don't , I wont get any cornbread and soup. I know he wouldn't save me any.
He refers to me withe the 3 B's
Bald, bearded, and bespectacled!
See, I don't get any respect.

bajd,bearded
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Hey Guys,
We are going to have a show as Ronnie has said. I have had contact with Mike Johnson and he is on his way to Georgia. I've not talked with Russ but if any way possible he will be there. Herby is on his way. We will have a good time even if we all set up and have a huge Jam session. So pack it up and bring it on. See Ya.

Jerry
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Jeremy Drawbaugh wrote:i assume that the show is still on after all the snow. i am currently in newnan visiting family and plan on making the trip up to atlanta.
Jeremy,

I saw you at the ATL show a few years ago and you were getting such good tone. John Hughey was there too.

:)
Wayne Stowers

Post by Wayne Stowers »

My snow has melted, got gas in my car! I'll see you
bright and early!Put the coffee on Mildred.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Wayne's car isn't the only thing with gas! The roads are clear, though. Come on out for a great time. I'm packing up right now.
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

We had one fine show today. Once again our player really out done themselves. Each player played at the top of their game. Many thanks to all but a special thanks goes out to Russ, Herby, Larry and Mike and Joanie. What a show. All we can do now is enjoy it in our mine. Thanks to our great staff band. Hope to see you all next year. I just don't know how we will top this one. Thanks to all