Glenn Paul

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Monty Laffoon

Glenn Paul

Post by Monty Laffoon »

I was just wonder what ever happen to Glenn Paul,I met him when he was working with Marty Martell back in the 1970's.He was a great steel player.
Tommy Alexander

Glenn Paul

Post by Tommy Alexander »

Monty,
if it's the same Glenn Paul, he worked around Houston in the late 60's and early 70's. He was a great player at that time, but I heard that he moved around Nashville and I lost track of him.
It would be interesting to find out where he has been and if he is still around.........
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Contact Jack Perkins. 830 895 3253. Jody.
Fred Welch

Glen Paul

Post by Fred Welch »

Glen passed away on March 23 2002,
GLEN G. PAUL, 70 GREENVILLE — Glen Gabriel Paul, 70, of Crystal, has gone to meet his Father and play his sweet steel guitar in the band of heaven. He passed away Saturday afternoon, March 23, 2002, at Hospice House-St. Lawrence Campus, Lansing.
The son of Paul and Wilemina Hlozek Bartolovich, he was born Feb. 7, 1932, and was raised in Waco, Texas.
A veteran of the Korean Conflict, Glen was a pilot with the U.S. Air Force.
On July 14,1975, he married the former Genie Wilson.
A country-western musician, Glen played pedal steel guitar at the Grand Ole Opry, Nashville, Term., for 50 years. He also traveled millions of miles playing for millions of people. As a studio musician, Glen left his legacy on many of the older songs you hear today as he played with the performers who recorded them. He also was a songwriter and had many of his songs recorded by country and rock stars.
Is this who you were wondering about?
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

Hi Monte, yep Marty's whole band left at the same time to go to work with Billy Walker. I took over the guitar spot in Marty's band. Glen started playing Rustler guitars, but complained often of the weight. I'm not sure how long he worked with Billy but for a while. John Milteir and Mike Baker, Kenny Jensen and Glen all worked for Billy.

How are you? Keep in touch you Hillbilly.
Roger
Monty Laffoon

Glenn Paul

Post by Monty Laffoon »

Thanks guys for the info on glenn did not that he had passed on,I should have know Roger that you would had that info.How is my old picking buddie,you better keep in touch.