Question for Bobbe Seymour

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

BobbeSeymour wrote:Ben,
I feel I must say that I do agree with a lot of what you say and if I try harder, possibly even more. Music sure is a subjective subject huh?

Your buddy,
Bobbe
agreed Bobbe, I agree with alot of what you have said as well and had to re-examine some of my own statements and ask myself "waht exactly am i a fan of?".
I particularly liked your explanation of what you look for in steel. i thought I was a fan of steel but when i hear your explanation I have to ask myself if you may be right and I am more of a fan of country music (whatever "country music" is??) You have considerably more expereince and talent than i ever will so I bow to your greater expertise and take your words to heart.

anyway, this thread is about you my man.
if you dont have a discography handy for the OP who was asking...
Were there any favorite sessions you can recall? or any well known ones we might have copies of in our record collections?

Cheers.
-Ben
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Well Per, I'm looking for a copy of my SGHoF nomination form and when found, it will tell most of my sessions, I'd best just email copies to those that might want it.

It includes some weird sessions like Silvia, Sleepy LaBeef, Carol Channing, Lassie, (no kidding), Live Bob Hope show with Lynn Anderson, Glen Barber, Kenny Vernon, Lawanda Lindsey, Bonnie owens, Suzie Arden, Johnny Rivers, Bobby Goldsboro network TV shows, specials, Whity Shaffer, Claude Gray, Jessie Coulter, Waylon Demos, Sheb Wooly, David Allen Coe and other same type "Semi stars", Most of these guys and gals were a lot of fun to work with because the labels weren't pressuring us by watching the clock.

What Major stars? Most in the 60s and 70s,
Faron Young, Ferlin Husky, Billy Walker, Johnny Rivers, Johnny Paycheck, Stonewall Jackson, Jim and Jessie and the Virginia boys,Lynn Anderson and so on,,,,,,,,,

Do I have a favorite session I worked? Bobby Bare sessions at RCA, Nashville Brass sessions RCA, and the Goldsboro sessions were rememberable, but they were all work and money, I needed both most of the time.

Bobbe
Joe Miraglia

Post by Joe Miraglia »

Yes, instrumentals are great for me and all steel guitar players. I often listen to them--also your cassette tape that you gave me Bobbe about ten years ago--just love it. But the people that come to hear our band at the Celoron American Legion don't like instrumentals. Most of them are the new country followers. In an evening we will play two instrumentals--LAST DATE and SLEEPWALK fill the dance floor. Bobbe--Don't forget to stop by for spaghetti when you come to Jamestown next time.