Fender Steel King Demo !!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

J W Alexander

Fender Steel King Demo !!

Post by J W Alexander »

Anyone who lives in comfortable driving distance of Columbus, Ohio should visit Lang Music and check out Fender's newest contribution----it's got the best features of a Webb 6-14 E without the price! It certainly would NEVER "replace" a Webb but for a gigging amp this one works well. Didn't The Big E himself give it a left-handed compliment? OSGA Members get a bit of a discount if it's mentioned BEFORE you get too deep into the negotiations!!

Thanks all---Merry Christmas, too!

J W
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Larry Robbins

Post by Larry Robbins »

I sure love mine! Image
Buddy Emmons

Post by Buddy Emmons »

Yeah! Image
Steve Leonard

Post by Steve Leonard »

I got my "Steel King" three weeks ago and I haven't used any of my other amps since. Image
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Guys i saw the Fender Steel King at Langs Music Monday but i havn't plugged my steel into it as of yet . Kory told me to bring my steel and try it so i will soon . I'm just wondering if Mr. Buddy Emmons is using one as his main ''amp'' ! How ''bout ''it Buddy . Help us out here . Thanks . Gary .
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Gary, let me know what you think. Image
Jim Ashton

Post by Jim Ashton »

What is the address of the music store?

------------------
D10 Mullen, hilton pedal

Nashville 1000

Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Hi, Jim . The phone # is ( 614-) 863-lang . Jim where is Malta Ohio ? Gary .
J W Alexander

Post by J W Alexander »

Hey Jim, Gary and everyone one else--Happy New Years---best in '06!

Lang is located just off Hamilton Road across from Eastland Mall on the east side of Columbus. It's tuck away in the Crossroads Center which is a strip mall----technically the address is 4434 Crossroads Center but if you're coming to visit call for complete directions.

Everyone is welcome to come play through the amp but you would have to bring your own steel. I am personally available to demo the amp at anytime convenient but email me direct so we could set an appointment--I'm not in the store all the time. Whether you buy or not it's worth the time just to see what's new in this area.

I've had a Webb and of course a Nashville 400 and also own a Vibrosonic from the late '70's---this Steel King is a very nice amp considering everything. The cabinet is deeper which is going to be great for the lower notes and seems to be a a good match for the special design Eminence speaker which is a copy of the JBL D-130's.

There are also a few modern day convenices built in like the EQ section that can be switched out if desired. It's a beefy amp but does come complete with removable casters and even a cover is included---very unusual in this day!

I think Fender has FINALLY done their homework, looked at a lot of steel amps and rolled them all into this one. I think it's almost fair to say it's a Webb 6-14 E at Peavey prices----NOT a bad thing at all!

See ya y'all!

Steven Black

Post by Steven Black »

Hey can anyone tell me where Lang Brothers music is located here in columbus? I think I will go try it out. steveb.
Jim Ashton

Post by Jim Ashton »

Hi Gary,
Malta is 30 miles south of Zanesville. Sits across the Muskingum river from McConnelsville.
Probably 80-85 miles from Columbus.
I am going to check out the amp soon.
Jim

------------------
D10 Mullen, hilton pedal

Nashville 1000