Pod 2.0 question

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve English

Pod 2.0 question

Post by Steve English »

With the Pod 2.0, how many effects can be used at the same time?
Always remember you're unique..... Just like everyone else
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

I've got a Pod Pro and I can have 3 at one time and it should be same as the 2.0 .

Tony
Steve English

Post by Steve English »

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear.
John Sluszny

Post by John Sluszny »

I have a Pod xt.
I use Reverb,Delay,chorus and a little compression
simultanously.Should be the same with Pod 2.
Lynn Oliver

Post by Lynn Oliver »

Loren Claypool

Post by Loren Claypool »

On the POD 2.0 you can select one effect or combo effect (i.e., delay/chorus, delay/flanger, etc.) in addition to the amp model, drive and tone controls, and reverb. On the POD XT and X3 you can select multiple effects from different groupings. The manual links provided above will give you the details.

I'm running the X3 Pro now. The X3s allow you to configure two complete separate signal paths, including amps and effects. It's like having a pair of XTs in a single box with both mono and stereo inputs and outputs. The Pro also has an effects loop which is handy. Pretty amazing capabilities.

Hope this helps.
Loren Claypool
genre-indifferent instrumental guitar music
www.lorenclaypool.com
MySpace
Facebook
Twitter
Flickr
Gary Jones

Post by Gary Jones »

I have an original POD, that I updated to 2.0 by ordering the upgrade, and replacing the chip. While not as versatile as the later units, I still use mine a lot. It does everything I need it to do.

The answer to your question is, it depends on the way you program your unit. If you just use the front panel you are limited to 2 combined effects, plus reverb.

If you use the computer-based POD 2.0 editor (via MIDI cables ) it allows separate control of distortion, gate, delay, reverb, and other effects (chorus, flanger, rotary). So with some tweaking you could have as many as 5 effects running at one time, on a pre-set voice.
As far as I know, this program is a free download from Line6.com

Gary Jones
edited for splelling
Loren Claypool

Post by Loren Claypool »

Good clarification Gary. I was thinking about "twisting the knobs" on the panel. There's a lot of power in the deep editing you describe.
Loren Claypool
genre-indifferent instrumental guitar music
www.lorenclaypool.com
MySpace
Facebook
Twitter
Flickr
Steve English

Post by Steve English »

Thanks for the replies! I had a 2.0 fall in my lap last night so I'm digging up as much info as I can on the net at the moment including downloading the software for editing with the computer. I do this with my RP-150 and appreciate the benefits of being able to get into more precise parameters.

Does anyone have a copy of the "programmers sheet" that is mentioned in the manual? I didn't find one in the manual I downloaded off the Pod site.

Have any of you traded patches/programs? I'm searching the archives on the Forum now for info.
Gary Jones

Post by Gary Jones »

Steve
I am looking at some of my original documentation, and not seeing the programmers guide.

I do see that almost all of the initial stuff is obsolete, and superseded by other programs on the Line 6 web site.

The original editor provided with the POD was a 3rd party program called "Sound Diver". Not being made specifically for the POD it was not easy to use. I think the programmers guide was an adjunct of this program.

When line 6 came out with their own version of an editor, it was much easier to use, and allowed specific editing of more parameters. This program has been refined over the years, and is even better now.

I guess the point to all this is that if you can't find it on the Line 6 site, it is probably unnecessary.

On the other hand, I have not been able to get the "Line 6 Monkey " to work with my POD 2.0. I do not think it works with MIDI based systems.

As far as downloaded amp models, I have used some from the line 6 site, but usually end up editing them, or just using my own models. I'm sure if you look around you will find some models you like.

Have fun.

Gary Jones
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

I use a Lexicon MX200 with my Pod pro. I didn't like the Pod's reverbs plus a guitar player I do sessions with uses the pod 2.0 and he uses a fx processor with it.

Tony
Steve English

Post by Steve English »

Got the pod working well. Got the editor working (via midi)!!
Having fun, but have to stop for the weekend gigs. Will pick this up again when I get back Sunday night.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D