Jam-Grace Inn, Tempe AZ Nov 14th

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Joe Naylor

Jam-Grace Inn, Tempe AZ Nov 14th

Post by Joe Naylor »

The Southwest Steel Guitar Association is having a jam / fund raiser at the Grace Inn, Nov 14th (Exit I-10 at Elliott on the West side of the Interstate)

We have the Bar area reserved - it will hold about 125 people.

If you have anything to donate to the association for this jam or some larger items to be raffled off at the show. We some items already to show for the January show raffle that will be there too.

8 AM start till everyone is tired

See you there

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Hi Joe...
I am coming down from Las Vegas...this will be a great get together!! We are going to have live backup (Denny Sarver on bass and Ronnie Corbin on drums). I invite not only our members, but anyone who may be interested in coming out and enjoying some great steel guitar playing!

Billy Easton
Las Vegas, NV
Dave Beaty

SWSGA Nov 14 Jam/meeting

Post by Dave Beaty »

Always fun and now in a great location!

(Same hotel as the January SWSGA Convention and Show - come visit Arizona, the weather is always great!)
Rick Ulrich

Post by Rick Ulrich »

I am thinking this might be a preview of a segment of the January show. I suspect Troy and Peggy will be down from Globe, for sure, and Billy Easton down from Las Vegas. It don't get much better than that. I know there are a lot of Forum members from this area that I haven't met yet and this would be a great opportunity to say howdy and share a story or two. What a great venue for a jam. I am also guessing that there will be some cool new products to look at and maybe some old things too.
Richard Tasso

Post by Richard Tasso »

See ya all there. Should be a fun time. What else could it be after the great show there at the Grace Inn last year. This may be the warm up for this years show in January at same great location. Hope it don,t snow.

Thanks to all at the SWSGA

Richard
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

The board of directors had a meeting a couple weeks ago and all members should have their newsletter by now.

By the way - for all the non-members of the SWSGA you are missing out - Denny Beaver our new editor is doing a bang up job. Each month someone is highlighted. This past month it was Blacky Taylor. The newsletter alone is worth more than the membership fee.

We will have a band which is some great players plus band in the box. Maybe a couple singers you want to play and listen to as well.

From what I hear there is going to be quite a big group there this time.

C-ya there
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Joe, I just received a phone call with some great news. J.D Maness will be at the Jam on Nov 14. Big Jim Baron and J.D will be driving from L.A for a weekend visit and will be at the Grace Inn about 8 AM Saturday. I believe it has already been posted that this Jam is open to the public so come on down and enjoy some great steel guitar music. If anyone needs additional information you can Email me at troyporter@cableone.net
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Joe, I just received a phone call with some great news. J.D Maness will be at the Jam on Nov 14. Big Jim Baron and J.D will be driving from L.A for a weekend visit and will be at the Grace Inn about 8 AM Saturday. I believe it has already been posted that this Jam is open to the public so come on down and enjoy some great steel guitar music. If anyone needs additional information you can Email me at troyporter@cableone.net
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Troy Porter wrote:Joe, I just received a phone call with some great news. J.D Maness will be at the Jam on Nov 14. Big Jim Baron and J.D will be driving from L.A for a weekend visit and will be at the Grace Inn about 8 AM Saturday. I believe it has already been posted that this Jam is open to the public so come on down and enjoy some great steel guitar music. If anyone needs additional information you can Email me at troyporter@cableone.net
It can't be overstated!!! :wink:
DESERT ROSE D-10 8/5...Joe Naylor "SteelSeat"...
Gallien-Krueger MB200 amplifier through an Alessis MicroVerb w/15'Peavey cab.
TELES & STRATS...
FENDER TWIN & SEYMOUR DUNCAN 50W tube amps...1-12" 2-12" & 4-12" cabs and a FENDER MUSTANG-3
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

You are right Jack - people like to learn licks at jams and we have

Jay Dee - knows a few don't ya think.

It sounds like we are going to have a big group from my email activity.

Joe Naylor
Steelseat.com
Larry Cummings

Post by Larry Cummings »

Sounds like fun.Wes Bakken from Woodburn Ore.and Larry Cummings from Eugene Ore. will be there.I will bring some donated items with me.See you there. Larry
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

I keep getting emails and phone calls about more people coming to the jam - sounds like we are going to have a big crowd this time again.

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com
Frank Harris

jam az swsga

Post by Frank Harris »

I going try and be there the Jam sounds like its going to be a real close,,up front ,concert of steel guitar. please bump it up
Bill Bailey

Jam

Post by Bill Bailey »

:D Bump up time.
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
Dave Beaty

Free pedal service at SWSGA Jam

Post by Dave Beaty »

Telonics is planning to have a lab technician available during the lunch break to provide free service and firmware upgrades on all Telonics and Mullen pedals at the Jam. This includes service or repairs of any type, axle re-positioning, adjustment, etc.
No charge for parts or labor.
It's going to be a great time!
(PS Firmware upgrades will not change your customized minimum off adustments for each individual taper. All settings previously stored in memory are retained - intact.)
Bob Mueller

Jam

Post by Bob Mueller »

Is there parking for a 40 ft Bus in the parking lot? I would like to make it. on my Birthday and Anniversary. Hope the wife understands. :roll:
Is it a jam also? :eek:
Bobby
TELONICS PEDAL
NEW DELTA BLUES 5 and 5
Stupid D9th with half Day Setup
( DESERT ROSE FROM CHUCK )
LOVE IT !!!!!
NEW STEEL SEAT BY JOE
HOLDS ALL MY STUFF
Roland cube 80 xl (wow)
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

There is a BIG lot to park you RV it is kinda behind the motel but a walkway about 50 yards (maybe a little more to the door - several are parked there during our January show - so happy to see you there.

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

I did not answer the other part Yes it is a jam.

Bring you "STUFF" and join in.

Hope to see you there

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com
Bob Mueller

Great!!!!

Post by Bob Mueller »

I Plan to make it.
See you and thanks for the information Joe.
Bobby
ps Will you have any Steel Seats with you and can you get me extra rods from Chuck Backn( longest and I'll cut them) for my new Delta Blues?
Bobby
TELONICS PEDAL
NEW DELTA BLUES 5 and 5
Stupid D9th with half Day Setup
( DESERT ROSE FROM CHUCK )
LOVE IT !!!!!
NEW STEEL SEAT BY JOE
HOLDS ALL MY STUFF
Roland cube 80 xl (wow)
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

I will have steelseats there. Going to deliver some and will have some additional ones for sale as well plus my photo book.

You might want to call Chuck - he will be up for the jam.

He is in Tucson and I am in Phoenix.

C-ya there

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com
Hap Young

Post by Hap Young »

Hey Joe. Jonathan and I will be there. Have the coffee on .
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

GREAT - you tell Jonathan I will be there waiting for him.

He and I have a running joke that I always beat him to any event. It started about the second or third event he came to. His comment was that I was always there before and he was going to beat there sometime. Then in St. Louis I think the first year he went he had told his Dad that he was sure he was going to beat me there that time because they had gone up a day early. I had arrived 2 days early for a visit to a vendor on my REAL job. So it went on and is still going on.

Happy you guys are coming.

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

More and more tell me they are coming maybe we will have a house full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Joe, I will try to be at the Grace Inn at 7 in the morning with the P.A. equipment and some other items for the jam. If anyone would like to come down to help set up, we can always use the help. The coffee pot will be perkin so dont even think about stopping at circle K. The women will have some breads and stuff to munch on too.
JD and Big Jim are in town and will probably be there early, setting up their equipment.
I have had some calls asking for the address of the Grace Inn so just in case you dont know where it is, the add. is 10831 south 51st. If you are heading east on I-10 Just take the Elliot rd (157) exit, turn right, then turn left at 51st street. You can see the Grace Inn from the freeway. we are all looking forward to a great Jam so come on over and have some fun with us, maybe we can talk JD into playing some Desert Rose tunes for us.
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Troy - I will load up and will come at it from the other way (West) and try to be there by 7 also.

C-ya

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com