2 lap steels into a single input amp.

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

John Billings

Post by John Billings »

D. S. Those are cool. Great invention. Fewer headstocks broken of Gibson's fur shure! But still, a simple switch built into the stand is, well,,, simpler. And what if you want to switch to the other neck mid song? What I'm suggesting is the same as the pickup selector switch on a two pickup guitar.
But the Snapjack is a really great idea. If someone trips on your cord, your axe doesn't pancake to the floor!
Harry Dietrich

Post by Harry Dietrich »

The simple "Y" I've shown I used to plug into my volume pedal that was mounted on my pedal board. Then I plugged my lap steel and my lead guitar into the "Y". I sometimes used both instruments in one song, so I didn't have time to hit switches, or pull cords or cables, and I never noticed any volume loss with this setup...in either instrument. Worked great for me for years with the bands I was in.

See my avatar.
I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met.
Mark Mansueto

Post by Mark Mansueto »

I use a USA made DOD270 a-b switcher to switch between my steel and electric guitar. User reviews on this unit are positive because it's simple, requires no power, and it's very heavy duty. I notice no signal degradation and switching is dead silent.