Laney Hicks & "Matters Of The Heart" cd

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Linda Plowman Fikes

Laney Hicks & "Matters Of The Heart" cd

Post by Linda Plowman Fikes »

Just wanted to share with you all that Bill Mack, (formerly the Midnight Cowboy over WBAP in Ft. Worth, Texas) and now the Satellite Cowboy over XM Satellite Radio's Open Road, Channel 171, is playing Laney's new "Matters Of The Heart" cd! Bill began playing tracks from Laney's and Russ' most recent project a couple of weeks ago. (Don't ya know Russ is proud of his wife?!) Laney had a live interview with Bill today over his show and did a super job! Bill played "Take Me As I Am" and later on in today's show he played the song written by Laney Hicks and Buddy Emmons, "A Love Like This/Nameless Shuffle". Bill also shared with me via email that he is going to spotlight Laney as his "Dynamic Discovery" on his "Overdrive Top Ten Country Countdown" the week after Thanksgiving. Laney & Bill have already taped an interview for it. "Overdrive" is a nationally syndicated radio show. Bill's Open Road show airs daily from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m., central time. (That's on XM Radio, Channel 171) The show repeats from 7 - 11 p.m. each night. For more on Bill Mack, you can go to www.billmackcountry.com I'm so proud of Laney and knew you guys would love to hear the news! She and Russ have really done an outstanding job with these songs. Being "THE VOICE in radio" as well as a Grammy Award winner for his song, "Blue"(made famous by LeAnn Rimes), Bill Mack has for years been highly respected for his knowledge and expertise in the world of country music. For Bill to acknowledge Laney's talent is among the finest "tips of the hat" one could receive! Just had to be sure you guys know! God bless, Linda
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

This is great news. I don't have this CD. These are two of my very favorite people and talented entertainers.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Joe...do yourself a HUGE favor and get this one. Russ and Laney are really an awesome combination.
Wally Maples

Post by Wally Maples »

It couldn't happen to nicer people or more talented people. GREAT NEWS
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

AMEN to all the above!
Joe, you'll need several of these - or you might wear them out just moving them around from car to house to car back to house . . .
Fantastic Christmas gift too!

Beautiful project!!!
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Im Proud to say i have just about everything Russ And Laney have out.... And without my Laney Hicks Cds in my 2000 windstar i would be LOST!!! that would mean i would be forced to listen to Bubblegum country radio. Image
Laney if you need to sell out your cd's before you can make another, then put me down for about 2 millon ok!
you both are #1 and Russ thanks again for the help in lexington !!!
Mikey
Neil Flanz

Post by Neil Flanz »

I have to comment here that this is one great CD! Not only does Laney sing like a bird (as always) but the selection of songs is as if a steel player had picked them out. There's some beautful playing by Russ on this CD as well as Buddy's personal touch on "A Love Like This" making the "Nameless Shuffle" no longer nameless and a beautiful ballad.

Neil
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

This is a great CD and as always, Laney sings with so much feeling as only Laney can do. Laney's talent is endless. Proven by the lyrics she wrote for Buddy's
great song "Endless Shuffle".
Everything about this CD is "first class" and well worth the national recognition it is getting by Bill Mack. The musicianship on the CD is "A" team quality anchored by the superb steel guitar work of Russ Hicks. And not to be forgotten is the steel guitar artistry of the master himself, Buddy Emmons, on his and Laney's
"A Love Like This / Nameless Shuffle".
Friends, it doesn't get any better than this !!!
.....Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Walter Stettner

Post by Walter Stettner »

Great news!

If there were more DJs acknowledging and supporting great music like Laney and Russ do, country radio wouldn't be in such bad shape and music would have more value than just fill the time between commercials...

Kind Regards, Walter

www.lloydgreentribute.com
www.austriansteelguitar.at.tf

------------------
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Is there a place online someone from Holland can buy these great CD's???
Ricky
robert hays

Post by robert hays »

Laney and Russes C.D s are being played on this great radio station,and they have Laney's C.D available, just go to this site and hear some of the Best country radio anywhere,and order Laney's C.D they have her"tribute to Connie" featured but you can order "Matters of the heart" too. Check it out WWW.KWKZ.COM They stream 24/7 all good traditional country
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Robert; it would be very hard for a person in Holland to drop by C106 studio to purchase a CD. Any other ideas??
Ricky
robert hays

Post by robert hays »

Ricky I Just talked to the station manager and was told that all thats required is a credit card and a request and they will mail any of the C.D.s that they have access to. (they would add postage for overseas) This station is doing this just to spread the good country world wide, they have an 800 # (don't know if the 800# will work in Holland ) but if they would mail them a request they will get the C.D to them. Robert
Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

Laney and Russ are the best!!!!!!!!!!!
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Ok cool Robert; I think we got'um hooked up.
Ricky
robert hays

Post by robert hays »

Just in case this did not get them hooked up for ordering these great C.Ds, In another post here on the forum Russ says that both Laney's and Russ's C.D s can be ordered at: Russ Hicks: 1020 W. sears rd,
Pegram,Tn.37143
He also said that all the C.Ds are 15.00 which includes shipping (He said he didnt think it cost that much more to ship to France for instance but, oversea orders could "add a couple dollars" If it made you feel better!
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

I bought this one at Scotty's and as a matter of fact I've been spinning it regularly ever since. Played it on the way to work yesterday and swapped in Justin Trevino's latest for the drive home. Image

Great to hear Laney and her steel player(s) getting some much deserved recognition from the likes of Bill Mack.

------------------
HagFan