Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Billy Peddycoart

Post by Billy Peddycoart »

Jack Strahorn..I sent you an email...thanks Billy
Ron Brennan

SKH Modification

Post by Ron Brennan »

Mr. Strayhorn,

Thank you for the historical information you have kindly supplied. Without it, our understanding of these facts may have been lost for the ages.

I am a happy Emmons D10 SKH LeGrande customer/owner/player. I have no intentions of raving about it against any other Emmons model/ P/P or any other PSG out there. While this one growls, howls and cries like any of them out there, for me, it has that beautiful PSG tone and is unbelievably harnessed to just exceptional sustain.

This PSG LeGrand SKH Unit No: 77L was built in May 1983. If you are (hopefully) still replying to this thread, I was wondering when the modification was made to the LeGrand SKH, by time or by the number of units built with respect to your quote below.

"Quote: Jack Strayhorn"

"I would guess there to be around 400 SKH guitars. They were discontinued after the Lashley model came out with exception to a few custom orders. The orders for SKH at that time would have had the modified bridge. The changer mount with dividers was discontinued because too most, the changer without the dividers is more push-pull like in tone."

Thank you for your time.....TX

Rgds,

Ron
JCFSGC member 2005 "Be of Good Cheer"
"55" Fender Stringmaster D8,
"83" Emmons LeGrande 77L SKH D10 8 & 5,
"67" All Original Telecaster & Original Owner
"86" Peavey Factory Modified NV 400,
"60"Fender Concert Amp 4-10"s, RV-3, Upgraded chip set GE-7 EQ, CH1 Chorus, DS-1, Hilton, BJS Bar.