My Apologies to bOb

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jody Carver

My Apologies to bOb

Post by Jody Carver »

I would like to apologize to bOb lee in particular.. I asked my Fender buddy and Roy Clark's favorite steel player Bob Hempker a great steel player to inform those of you on this Forum that the book "The Last Fender Guitar" is close to three chapters to completion and Sandy and myself are working as much as we can to see this become a reality..for those who felt my actions were not of protocal of this Forum, please accept my apologies.It won't happen again until the book is in fact published...three chapters more and that is in my hands, I have been dragging my feet, and not completing our book..It will be done with the approval of Fender Musical Instruments..When our book is published, I'm certain you'll enjoy it....
Last edited by Jody Carver on 22 Oct 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Jody, with your input, I know the book will be well worth the wait. I want a signed copy!
John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

Same here Cuz. Am also anxiously awaiting the book. I want a signed copy as well. Good to see you posting !
Just remember,
You don�t stop playing cause you get older,
You get older cause you stop playing ! http://www.myspace.com/johnpphillips
George Keoki Lake

Post by George Keoki Lake »

Hey pal...glad to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel...you've sure kept us waiting for this book to become a reality. Sure happy to know that FENDER is offering you their support in this very worthy venture ! Now, get those last 3 chapters done and let's get the show on the road...it's gonna be a 'collector's item' for sure ! :D
b0b

Post by b0b »

I moved this from Event Announcements because it's not an announcement of an event. That's why I closed the other topic about your unfinished book, too.

I don't like to be the bad guy, but there are a lot of events and a limited amount of space there. It's often time-critical to get the word out about steel guitar events. We can't have people posting other kinds of topics there, crowding out the real events that people need to know about.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Jody
I'd like to order a signed copy
as well when its completed.

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Hey Jody,I'm standimg in that line also..Just wondering if Felix Chalero is in your book :lol: I can still see that maxwell house coffee can..say Hi to Sandi..Good luck on the Book..
Ray Montee

HEY Jody!

Post by Ray Montee »

Hey Jody, you're looking good!

Glad to hear from you once again.

Don't be relying on "Writer's BLOCK"......... to get you out of finishing this manuscript.

We're all waiting patiently...........
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Sign me up for a copy as soon as it's finished. Most existing histories of Fender gloss over the steel production almost entirely, or don't mention it at all. I'm sure yours will be much more comprehensive and insightful. 8)

Be sure to insert lots and lots of pictures of instruments and personalities.
...and don't leave yourself out.
Ron Brennan

Post by Ron Brennan »

Living not too far from Jody, I have seen/read excerpts of his book........This is a great read folks. He is making inexorable progress with this project.

Of course, there are times when working with someone else on a project like this, it usually takes longer to write, ie: editing, working in a turn of a phrase, double checking facts, releases, etc. etc.

Nevertheless, the Knight of Fender Tweed will have it out.........We will all learn alot and enjoy this one. Plus, we all know what great "Raconteur" Jody is...Man, what an amazing life...TX

Rgds,

Ron
Last edited by Ron Brennan on 24 Oct 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCFSGC member 2005 "Be of Good Cheer"
"55" Fender Stringmaster D8,
"83" Emmons LeGrande 77L SKH D10 8 & 5,
"67" All Original Telecaster & Original Owner
"86" Peavey Factory Modified NV 400,
"60"Fender Concert Amp 4-10"s, RV-3, Upgraded chip set GE-7 EQ, CH1 Chorus, DS-1, Hilton, BJS Bar.
Ron Victoria

Post by Ron Victoria »

Jody,

Good to see you posting and can't wait to see the book.

your pal, Ron (the other better looking one)
Chris Lang

Post by Chris Lang »

Nevertheless, the Kight of Fender Tweed will have it out.........
What does that mean?
Jody Carver

Thank You

Post by Jody Carver »

To those of you who have posted on my behalf and those who have emailed me with words of encouragement and support, I thank you, so far as my starting this thread was meant to apologize to bOb lee and I had no idea so many of you would post on my behalf..I have been working on this book for five years and it still needs more work to complete. There are many facets unknown to you whereas I have to have permission to name those I'm writing about..I had hoped to have this completed a long time ago, I have been slowing down as of late as I think of losing my beloved wife Marilyn on November 15th 2004..however it will be quite a while before this book is completed..Mrs. Sandy Miller Erkus has tried very much to help me and in doing so there is a strain on our friendship, I agree with the posture bOb has taken and I ask out of respect for bOb and for the friendship I have for those of you, I ask that this thread be closed..I do have pride and see no reason to continue this, when the time comes, I will then announce the book as being published..
I can understand why bOb chose in closing the thread that was in Events and Announcements and he was correct in doing so.
My best to all of you..........

Jody-
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

And the top of the morning to you Jody !! It is so fine to see you in this neck of the woods !!

Regards, Paul :D :D :D