Tribute Photo Quilt

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jeannie Smith

Tribute Photo Quilt

Post by Jeannie Smith »

I've made a tribute quilt, with photos of the Headline steel players that have played at the Saluda shows over the years. You can hang it in your music/family room, or use it on a guest bed! Raffle tickets will be $5 and ALL proceeds will go to the Saluda Shrine club. I'm married to that bass player in Saluda and enjoy handwork while I watch my favorite steel show!! Will post photos of it next week. It will be on display at the Saturday night jam. PS Jean Hughey bought the first raffle ticket!! <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeannie Smith on 04 November 2004 at 07:54 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Jeannie...she won't buy the last one! I'll get a couple for sure. Love you both.
Roger
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

So that's YOU out there quiltin'! Tell Charles to give you 5 bucks, since I won't be there, and put my name in the hat! And THANK YOU so much for such a wonderful gift, for the Shrine Club!
Ain't NO jazz like Hejaz!
Russ Hicks

Post by Russ Hicks »

I happen to have seen Jeannie's handwork before and I can assure you that this very special quilt will be a prized collector's item. I've actually seen a sneak preview of this masterpiece, and it's really beautiful, even with pictures of all those hairy-legged boys all over it.(But some of my favorite hairy-legged boys, I must say; one in particular) Jeannie,from whom may we purchase raffle tickets? I need to get somewhere in the middle between Jean and Roger. You've done a beautiful job, and we all appreciate your long hours of truly charitable giving of your time and yourself.
Love you,
Laney
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Jeanie,

What a great idea! Count on me for a couple of tickets. I hope you enhanced the project with a shot of a bass man or maybe a drummer in one of the pictures.

See ya in a few weeks,

Jim
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Hi Jeannie,
This is VERY cool!!
I KNOW this must have taken some time to do. Super auction item!!!!!

(Jeannie writes books, paints beautiful pictures, designs flower arrangements, makes quilts - AND attends jams at the same time. Clearly, she got a big dose of somebody else's ATTENTION gene. I'll bet it was mine!)

Jeannie has written a very special book that would make a beautiful gift for any woman in your life! Any chance you'll have any of them available in Saluda, Jeannie?

Hugs,
Donna
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Russ, we'll cover you for a couple of tickets!
Roger
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

You too, Laney!!!! Image
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Donna,
I told him a "couple" of tickets...that includes Laney! Give me a break. Gee whiz. Here's a bump on us for a great cause!
Jeannie Smith

Post by Jeannie Smith »

As promised, I have a preview of the Tribute Quilt. Raffle tickets are $5 each and if you email me, I'll be happy to write your name on as many as you like. You can mail a check to me,(email me for address)or better yet, pay in person at Saluda!
See next post for site to view quilt. Look at album named "Saluda Quilt"! Duh! aren't I clever?!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeannie Smith on 04 November 2004 at 07:53 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jeannie Smith

Post by Jeannie Smith »

oops! I can't quite get the hang of this photo upload business. Thanks for your patience! Please check these out! I got the photos working Saturday night 11/6! http://photos.yahoo.com/epsoldest <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeannie Smith on 04 November 2004 at 07:55 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeannie Smith on 06 November 2004 at 07:07 PM.]</p></FONT>
Garland Nash

Post by Garland Nash »

Jeannie Smith cando wonders with her hands . It wouldn't suprise me if she could play bass. I can't be there but Iwoud like to have a couple of the tickets.If she would only make one with a picture of Laney Hicks On it . She could raise at least a couple thousand for the Shriners. Garland Nash