Lexicon MPX1 & TC2290 Dynamic Delay

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Godard

Lexicon MPX1 & TC2290 Dynamic Delay

Post by Ben Godard »

I have a question about the MPX1. Also I have a TC Electronics 2290 Dynamic Delay which has its own send/return patches. I want to patch the MPX1 through the stereo effects loop of the TC 2290.

However, The TC 2290 seems to be an instrument level device and the MPX1 seems to be line level. In order ro use the patches, will I have to find some instrument level effects? If that's so, then that would be very unfortunate because most quality rackmount effects units are made to opereate at line level.

Anybody who has experience with the TC2290 I would love to hear your advice.

Thanks

Ben
Rob Schlette

Post by Rob Schlette »

Ben Godard

Post by Ben Godard »

I finally have got this figured out. And tt sounds so good that I can hardly stand it. The Tc2290 is all what its cracked up to be. Believe me. This is the best piece of equipment I've ever owned. No wonder they keep them in the studios. They just don't make stuff like this anymore.

My hookup is guitar-->vpedal-->TC2290-->MB studio preamp-->Mosvalve 500-->speakers

The Lexicon MPX1 is routed through the Tc2290's stereo effect loop. The result is now two processors acting as one, all controlled via TC2290 control panel. (The Lexicon Mpx1 is line level This was the big concern to me but after just going ahead and hooking it up, it works fine. However the switch on back of MPX1 is set to unbalaced.

Then...The TC2290 (which is now including the MPX1 in its processing) is routed to the stereo effects loop of the MB studio preamp. The level switch on the back of the studio preamp is set to low level. Then out from the recording outputs on the back of the studio preamp to the Mosvalve 500 poweramp and then to my PV112E speakers.

This is the only way to hook up this equipment and utilize full stereo usage of both the effects units. I could have hooked it another way but then the TC2290 would have been in mono so I went the way I described.

Thanks for the help folks.
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

The 2290 is the best! I only wish I wasn't so paranoid about it that I'd take it on live gigs now and then. Safe and sound in the studio, though, it's my favorite.