1956 D18 martin

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Ronald Robertson

1956 D18 martin

Post by Ronald Robertson »

Can anyone tell me what a 1956 d-18 martin guitar would be worth? It is not in perfect condition but it sounds great. I just what to know a ball park .It is possible I would trade for a steel guitar. Thanks and God bless
David Nugent

Martin

Post by David Nugent »

You may want to consult the vintage instrument price guides, these should give you a general idea of what your guitar is worth. You may also want to check the following websites: "Elderly Instruments" in Michigan, "Mandolin Bros. Ltd." in N.Y., and "Gruhn Guitars" in Nashville. They routinely list several vintage Martins and the prices shown in the listings may give you an indication as to what to ask for your guitar.
Ronald Robertson

Post by Ronald Robertson »

I have made a mistake, my martin is a 1957 not a 1956. I am so sorry. Please forgive.
Savell

Post by Savell »

Ronnie,
I sent you a pm.
Brian Echenberg

Post by Brian Echenberg »

price depends very largely on condition and originality. Martin lovers especially don't like issues. Please email me and tell me the condition and what you expect to get for it. Generally a nice 57' would go for 5k and a beater with issues much less despite the good sound! fredechenberg@yahoo.ca