Lexington KY Steel Guitar Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Richard Douthitt

Lexington KY Steel Guitar Show

Post by Richard Douthitt »

Anyone know if it's on this year and what happened to their site?
ImageRichard "Wichita" Douthitt
--------
Derby D10 8&5, Nashville 112, Fender Twins, Custom Telecasters. Genz Benz Tubeworks custom amps, Seymour Duncans, Peterson Tuners, and Core One Cables
Chris Castle

Post by Chris Castle »

the quarterly shows are still on. the next 1 is on september 11th. I am playing on the show in March. I'm not entirely sure about the big show. Al didn't say much about it the last time I talked to him, but I'd love to pick on it.

hey wichita are you going to st. louis? I'm kickin off the talent show. Hope to see you there.
Mullen G-2,, derby d-10 rosewood 9&7, derby sd-10 black/birdseye, peavey 1000 and 112, hilton vp, walker seat
Richard Douthitt

Yeah I'll be there around 3pm Friday. We gonna jam in the Derby Room I hope?
--------
Derby D10 8&5, Nashville 112, Fender Twins, Custom Telecasters. Genz Benz Tubeworks custom amps, Seymour Duncans, Peterson Tuners, and Core One Cables
Chris Castle

Post by Chris Castle »

yeah man!! you know we are wichita. I'm ready. I have to start it off on Thursday at noon so we're gonna haul outta eastern ky on wednesday for the trip. We've never been before. IM so excited. Are you gonna bring your steel or just the tele?
Mullen G-2,, derby d-10 rosewood 9&7, derby sd-10 black/birdseye, peavey 1000 and 112, hilton vp, walker seat
Richard Douthitt

Probably just the Tele....not worthy to set up the Derby with you big boys!!! LOL...Look forward to seeing ya.
--------
Chris Castle

Post by Chris Castle »

same for you wichita... its always great pickin with ya and seeing you again.

by the way, did you ever figure anything out about a 12 string bar?
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Hey Rich, I'll be coming up Sat. afternoon only. I won't be bringing anything to play, just visit with my friends. Of course you are one of them, hope to make contact. BD
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Shoe

Lexington Steel Guitar Show

Post by Shoe »

The next quarterly show is scheduled for September 11 starting at 7:30 and located at the Brannon Crossing Shoping Center and the Providence Christian Church gym. Al has lined up 4 fantastic steel guitar players for this show: Bob Sexton in on first, Ronnie Sons is second, Wimpy O'Steen is third, and Eli Hall closing the show.
Staff band includes Glenn Phillips on Lead Guitar, Winston May on Bass, and Ray Baker on Drums.
Edwin G. Shoemaker
ZB Custom D10 8/5
'75 Session 400 w/JBL Session 500 w/BW
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

Winston May on bass. You must mean the large mouth fish. I didn't think they let him anywhere near the stage. I'll have to get out more. :lol:

Best wishes you guys. See you in November and sooner for those heading to Scotty's.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Richard Douthitt

Bill Dobkins wrote:Hey Rich, I'll be coming up Sat. afternoon only. I won't be bringing anything to play, just visit with my friends. Of course you are one of them, hope to make contact. BD
See you on Saturday Bill!
--------
Eli Hall

Post by Eli Hall »

Hi,

I will be bringing members of the MacDaddies with me on Friday, Sept 11. These guys are some awesome musicians and have graciously agreed to accompany me and provide a great entertainment experience for everyone who loves country music. They include Kent Houchin on guitar & vocals, Eric Kerr on bass and lead vocals, Kelly Rose on Keyboards & vocals and Joe Lambert on Drums. These guys have been working together off and on over the years and they are a great bunch of guys. We all look forward to having a big time on Friday night in Lexington Friday night!

Please join us if you get a chance!

Eli
Eli Hall

Post by Eli Hall »

Hi,

It turns out that the lineup for the September 11 show at Lexington has changed slightly and steel players will be:

Ronnie Sons
Wimpy OSteen
Eli Hall
Glenn Thompson

I think it's going to be a lot of fun!